Gas shortages

/ Gas shortages #42  
What does WB mean. Hey, man - I thought it meant White Brotherhood and was some sort of acknowledgement from all those down in the SEC.

/ Gas shortages #43  
Our stations ran out (those that are open) have to be very careful where we buy. Stations were underwater, so there is a risk of contamination. Local news did a story on station that was underwater, reopened and started selling again. Destroyed a dozen car engines within hours. Cars made it a few blocks in any direction before dying on the road. City shut them down.

Only in Texas. That is sad.

/ Gas shortages #44  
Aw man no fair bringing a gun to a knife fight.

:D

<snert> The thing is that both /pine & Steve (smstonypoint) have both been members since '09. It's not as if they're not familiar with each other.

Doctor Steve is a published university Professor of economics whereas /pine is self described as "I yam what I yam".

There was never going to be a 'fair' fight. :laughing:

/ Gas shortages #45  
<snert> The thing is that both /pine & Steve (smstonypoint) have both been members since '09. It's not as if they're not familiar with each other.

Doctor Steve is a published university Professor of economics whereas /pine is self described as "I yam what I yam".

There was never going to be a 'fair' fight. :laughing:

You are very right. I often see it as the difference between those who value evidence and those who value their opinion.

/ Gas shortages #46  
Last Sunday $2.28 gallon 89 octan,today $2.73 for the same.

/ Gas shortages #47  
Just curious...how many have close family members that are the CFO of one of the major oil producing companies?...

/ Gas shortages #48  
Just curious...how many have close family members that are the CFO of one of the major oil producing companies?...

Not family member, but I have a close friend (MBA/Economics) who works for the CFO of a major oil company.

Why do you ask?

/ Gas shortages #49  
Not family member, but I have a close friend (MBA/Economics) who works for the CFO of a major oil company.

Why do you ask?

Just relating from where...what I have gleaned about the machinations of the markets...

/ Gas shortages #50  
No degree here but this Harvey gas shortage situation is simple, more gasoline is going out than can be delivered back in. At the rate of stations closing the last 3 days I predict there will be no Gasoline available within 40 miles of me by tomorrow.