Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up?

/ Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up? #161  
IDK why they passed the legislation. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say it was safety.

As far as enforcement I knew of no officer who went out to raise revenue in enforcing the law. You don't like, trust or respect cops, that's OK. Circumvent their supposed goal by obeying the law and deny them their perverse pleasure in collecting revenue. And regardless of you beiefs or feelings, when you call for help, they'll still respond.

You insult me by assuming I don't like law enforcement.

And your head is in the sand if you have no idea about revenue enforcement.

And a couple inches placement difference from where a tag or FE hangs isn't a safety issue.. but it sure is a $$ issue!

google Waldo, Florida

Their police dept was just DISBANDED because they were ( SHOCK ) just writing tickets to make money.

/ Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up? #162  
maybe... but back in 1971, my wife was a passenger in a car that got hit in the passenger side by a car doing better than 40mph. The car was pushed sideways so the rear quarter was crushed by a telephone pole. She was thrown sideways into the driver's lap. Bruised badly down her whole left side. My 2 year old son was in the back on the driver's side but nothing broken. After the collision, the front and back seats were only half as wide as they were before the wreck. My son had minor bruises, not enough for him to even cry.

Driver got a few bruises.

If either were strapped in, they'd both be gone. The car was a 1960 Ford Falcon. Most cars didn't have seat belts back then, thankfully, in my case.

Modern cars have a very different passenger compartment, that the cars from those days.

EDIT -- Oops, I read a little farther and see that someone else already linked the same video!

/ Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up? #163  
If you have ever worked as emergency response and had to work with mangled people who did not buckle up. You will have little tolerance for those who refuse to buckle up.

Yeah, my brother is a professional fire fighter, and so he deals with the results of highway accidents all of the time. He got mad at me when he saw my kids' battery powered gators didn't have seat belts. :)

/ Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up? #164  
Saw this in the news and thought it would be fitting to share here.

News - Home

This guy went off the side of an overpass and lived.

Last edited:
   / Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up? #165  
Yeah, my brother is a professional fire fighter, and so he deals with the results of highway accidents all of the time. He got mad at me when he saw my kids' battery powered gators didn't have seat belts. :)
No ROPS, no belt :D
We have our kids trained that as soon as they get into the car or the RTV they start putting on their seatbelts.
Will a belt save you every time? No, but 99.9% of the time you will be better off wearing a seatbelt and I will take my chances for the remaining 0.1% of the time.

Aaron Z

/ Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up? #166  
No ROPS, no belt :D
We have our kids trained that as soon as they get into the car or the RTV they start putting on their seatbelts.
Will a belt save you every time? No, but 99.9% of the time you will be better off wearing a seatbelt and I will take my chances for the remaining 0.1% of the time.

Aaron Z

Yep, no ROPS, light enough to not need one. :) Funny story on that though. My young niece was driving for the first time with my daughter in the passenger side. She started going toward the electric horse fence and panicked, and kept the pedal plastered to the floor. The grill stretched the rope fence tight and the back wheels kept pushing, so the front end lifted up and over, flipping the car. Both girls were stuck under the upside down car, with the fence rope holding the car down on top of them. My brother (not the fire fighter, different brother) got there first and tried to lift the rope up to get them out, and shocked himself 3 or 4 times before he finally decided to lift by the front end of the car, instead of the electric fence. :laughing:

My kids are trained the same way though. My younger daughter actually made herself a seat belt for her little gator with baling twine. Just gets in, ties it in place, and off she goes. Dubious safety value, but it is what she is used to I guess. :)

/ Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up? #167  
Yep, no ROPS, light enough to not need one. :) Funny story on that though. My young niece was driving for the first time with my daughter in the passenger side. She started going toward the electric horse fence and panicked, and kept the pedal plastered to the floor. The grill stretched the rope fence tight and the back wheels kept pushing, so the front end lifted up and over, flipping the car. Both girls were stuck under the upside down car, with the fence rope holding the car down on top of them. My brother (not the fire fighter, different brother) got there first and tried to lift the rope up to get them out, and shocked himself 3 or 4 times before he finally decided to lift by the front end of the car, instead of the electric fence. :laughing:
That must have been funny to watch :D

My kids are trained the same way though. My younger daughter actually made herself a seat belt for her little gator with baling twine. Just gets in, ties it in place, and off she goes. Dubious safety value, but it is what she is used to I guess. :)
We have a "seat belt" on the kids 4 wheeler (50cc Suzuki). It is tied to a kill switch, so when if they fall off, the engine shuts off.

Aaron Z

/ Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up? #168  
I wore my seatbelt in my 1979 Subaru Brat [which looked like a pickup]. I totalled it when I ran off shoulder on dirt road, rolled 360, and ended up facing the direction I had come from.

I remember watching the windshield fly out as I rolled, & thought to myself that I would have done about the same if not buckled in.

The thing is, for the one person who survived a wreck while not wearing a seatbelt, the 999 others who did not wear their seatbelt died, & are not here on TBN to tell us about their foolishness.

/ Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up? #169  
Have not seen a Brat in years... always thought they would make a fun ranch vehicle before I bought the Samurai...

Wonder if there are any left in real numbers?

/ Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up?
Have not seen a Brat in years... always thought they would make a fun ranch vehicle before I bought the Samurai...

Wonder if there are any left in real numbers?

Good point -- I can't even remember the last time I saw one.