Zd1211 blades

/ Zd1211 blades #1  

turbo246

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota zd1211
I know this has been discussed before but has anyone come up with a better blade for zd1211/1511 72” side discharge? ACS blades just don’t do it for me

/ Zd1211 blades #2  
I don’t know about the new ACS decks, but I like the Gator G6 blades on my zd326 and 331 (60” and 72”).
I cut about 500 acres per season total, and they hold an edge very well.

Last edited:
   / Zd1211 blades #3  
I have a rear discharge ZD 1211 and the factory blades worked ok. I switched to Gator blades and the quality of cut is much better and the blades hold an edge much longer.

/ Zd1211 blades #4  
Gator blades work well and lasted longer for me than the OEM high lift blades. I switched back to the non-mulching high lift blades because it leaves less clumping and does a better job with dandelions and plantain stalks. The gators don't have enough lift and the spindly stalks just lay down when you drive over and pop back up after.

I tried out a new aftermarket blade supplier this year because the local dealer keeps jacking up the blade prices on the OEMs. I can almost buy two sets of the aftermarket blades for the same price of the Kubota blades.

Here's a general question:
OEM Kubota blades used to come with Kubota stickers on them. Last time I bought them from the dealer they looked like aftermarket blades with absolutely no stickers on them. The dealer claimed they were OEM with a hefty price increase as well.

Has that dealer been trying to pull a fast one on me selling no-name blades as Kubota brand? Do yours still have Kubota Part stickers on them?

/ Zd1211 blades #5  
Has that dealer been trying to pull a fast one on me selling no-name blades as Kubota brand? Do yours still have Kubota Part stickers on them?

I ran into this very thing about 10 years ago. The original oem blades wore relatively well. Supposedly Kubota oem replacements (no markings) were so soft the edge was blunt after just a few acres. I suspect it’s an easy way for dealers to charge premium prices for aftermarket junk. I have since fired this dealership after tons of problems.

/ Zd1211 blades #6  
I buy my fluids/filters and blades at a dealer in Ohio instead of up here in Ontario. The set of blades i bought there have all got a Kubota parts sticker on them, but i bought them over 1 year ago now and cant say for sure if they're sold without stickers now or not.

/ Zd1211 blades #8  
Kubota blades have Kubota part numbers stamped in them. Top side, near the center.
You're right. Just went to look at mine with the sticker on them.

/ Zd1211 blades
Gator blades work well and lasted longer for me than the OEM high lift blades. I switched back to the non-mulching high lift blades because it leaves less clumping and does a better job with dandelions and plantain stalks. The gators don't have enough lift and the spindly stalks just lay down when you drive over and pop back up after.

I tried out a new aftermarket blade supplier this year because the local dealer keeps jacking up the blade prices on the OEMs. I can almost buy two sets of the aftermarket blades for the same price of the Kubota blades.

Here's a general question:
OEM Kubota blades used to come with Kubota stickers on them. Last time I bought them from the dealer they looked like aftermarket blades with absolutely no stickers on them. The dealer claimed they were OEM with a hefty price increase as well.

I can’t find a single aftermarket blade for this mower. I’ve reached out to Oregon blades several times with no response.

/ Zd1211 blades #10  
I can’t find a single aftermarket blade for this mower. I’ve reached out to Oregon blades several times with no response.

Oregon makes blades that will fit. Just measure the hole diameter and blade length and then look at their website for a proper match.