Your last generator Maintenance Run

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,651  
Hmmm, another unplanned maintenance run. Lost power an hour ago. 8100 houses affected. These are why i never need manual long exercises on my unit. Happen too many times.
IMG_6910.jpeg

IMG_6911.jpeg

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,652  
great gauges GRS
only issue is where the tach is
too bad it's not at 1800...

the output data is super helpful
see honey, it has to stay in the green

I used to have a 50amp boat with a 100 amp wife...

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,653  
Could care less if its running 1800 or 3600. I dont have too many long outages, most last 2-3 hours. I maintain these air cooled units that have over 2000 hrs on the meter and there still going strong. It all depends on maintenance.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,654  
Just got notified by my genmon unit, power has been restored. 1 hr, 54 minutes

IMG_6913.jpeg

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run
#6,655  
   / Your last generator Maintenance Run
#6,656  
Just got notified by my genmon unit, power has been restored. 1 hr, 54 minutes

View attachment 864628

That telemetry package could almost convince me to start carrying a cell again.......

Almost. I'm close to home virtually all the time these days, but if I was still traveling for business like I used to, that setup would seriously tempt me.

Key data, AND CPU Temp, AND Wifi with actually some gradation on Strength.

^ +1 !

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,657  
Could care less if its running 1800 or 3600. I dont have too many long outages, most last 2-3 hours. I maintain these air cooled units that have over 2000 hrs on the meter and there still going strong. It all depends on maintenance.
Interesting. I own both. The JD powered diesel out next to the shop is and 1800 rpm 4 pole head while the one up by the house is a 3600 rpm 2 pole head and both heads have skewed rotors. From a longevity standpoint the 1800 will always win out because it's rotating at half the speed of the 3600 rpm unit. Not that it matters a lot as they are both over 20 years old this year. The 3600 rpm units is getting a new enclosure this year as the original powder coated steel enclosure is about rusted away. Generac was good enough to sell me a new, all aluminum enclosure for it. Wasn't a cheap date by a long shot but certainly a ton cheaper than a new unit today. I see a ton of steel enclosures around that are rusting away. They all seem to start at the base and work up. My diesel even though it's also in a steel enclosure isn't rotting away at all which I find interesting.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,658  
I think the diesel oil saturates the steel…..keeping it protected. Ive also noticed little rust on the diesel rigs.

mind you…im just guessing here. Also the diesel rigs generally sit atop the fuel tanks and not on the ground like the air cooled.

BTW swapping cabinets SUCKS. lots of work, especially if replacing base also.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,660  
If it lasted longer into the day, i would have manually shut it down. But there wasnt much of a load on it and i wanted to keep the house warm.