You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,041  
I had some city friends visit me here on the farm recently. We were out enjoying the outdoors and their ten year old grandson asked permission to go inside to use my bathroom. 🤔 huh? ”Son they are all over, just pick a spot or tree.” 😆

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,042  

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240412-082020.png
    Screenshot_20240412-082020.png
    888.1 KB · Views: 65
   / You Know You Are Old When #2,045  
I had some city friends visit me here on the farm recently. We were out enjoying the outdoors and their ten year old grandson asked permission to go inside to use my bathroom. 🤔 huh? ”Son they are all over, just pick a spot or tree.” 😆
We were going out to pick some veggies for my sister to take home one Sunday afternoon.
Just getting to the edge of the farm yard my nephew said he had to go back to the house. He was about 5-6 years old.
Why?
He had to pee.
Pick a tree, bush, or just turn your back.
Growing up in the city it just blew his mind you could pee in the great outdoors.
Next week in school they did a little project of what they did that weekend.
He did a picture of us standing looking the other way and him by a bush taking a pee.
The other kids supposedly couldn't believe it.
I still have it framed in my office.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,046  
We used to have a “party line “ telephone service. 4 of us. 3 on our dirt road, and one house on a nearby paved street. We all had different sounding rings
When you really needed to make a call and you picked up the phone ready to dial, for the third time,and heard one of your neighbors still flapping with someone….
Those were the days 😁

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,047  
We used to have a “party line “ telephone service. 4 of us. 3 on our dirt road, and one house on a nearby paved street. We all had different sounding rings
When you really needed to make a call and you picked up the phone ready to dial, for the third time,and heard one of your neighbors still flapping with someone….
Those were the days 😁
Or you were on the line and a nosey neighbor tried to listen in.
The background always gave them away.
My friend and I would go into a Cheech and Chong drug deal mode if we heard Mrs. D---- listening in.
The old gossip would tell everyone in church what a pair of druggies we were.
Ironically... her son was busted for pushing.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,050  
Or you were on the line and a nosey neighbor tried to listen in.
The background always gave them away.
She mustn't have known you could unscrew the mouthpiece and take the microphone element out, so there would be no background noise to give her away.
Don't ask how I came to know this little party line secret. ;)