Mowing Woods Brushbull BB48

/ Woods Brushbull BB48 #1  

davcog

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 23
Trying to remove blades. Are they Left or Right threads? Pretty rusted so got them sprayed down with liquid wrench. Don't want to turn in wrong direction.

/ Woods Brushbull BB48 #2  
Mine Woods BB is accessed from the top through a hole, maybe yours is older? Here is a screenshot how mine are removed.

IMG_0145.PNG

/ Woods Brushbull BB48 #4  
The cap screw (35) is a standard thread, you have to drive the blade pin out, read the notice about supporting the arm so you don't damage the gear box.

/ Woods Brushbull BB48 #5  
The cap screw (35) is a standard thread, you have to drive the blade pin out, read the notice about supporting the arm so you don't damage the gear box.

Did yours have a blade pin (mushroom head) on both top and bottom? All I need to do is drive that out? Already removed the threaded bolt and the shims.

At this point I was going to just try to take the crossbar off and sharpen the blades all as one.

/ Woods Brushbull BB48 #6  
My older m4 should be the same, once the shims and retaining clip is out the pin should come out, however mine required a drift, hammer and air chisel with a drift attachment to get them out.
Oh and a good soaking with PB blaster.