Will BH Hydraulic hookup power a wood splitter

/ Will BH Hydraulic hookup power a wood splitter #1  

kneedeep

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3510 & 8560
off the tractor with a pump output of 7 gpm and have enough power to work?

If it will, what type of valve would be needed? :confused3:

/ Will BH Hydraulic hookup power a wood splitter #2  
Yes, it should work fine.

/ Will BH Hydraulic hookup power a wood splitter #3  
Depending on your original hydraulic hookup, it might or might not work - independent of pump capability (and yes, it will do the job, just real slow). My BH connection is a two-port PB connection, last in line, so no PB output and only a return to sump. The 3pt (normally last in line) is disconnected and the BH connected using QCs. In that case, you could connect a SINGLE valve (which I think a splitter is) to the BH connection and it will work, but you will have no 3pt. If you need the hitch to hold up the splitter, and the BH connection disables the 3pt, you'll have to do some replumbing before your splitter can be operated.

/ Will BH Hydraulic hookup power a wood splitter
Actually, I thought about that. We don't use a lot of firewood and I'm not into swinging a mall, been there done that!
Just split a little for the campfire at hunting camp that I cut from around the property to cleanup. Hate trying to burn good firewood in a brushpile.
I was just going to take a old cylinder and make a sawhorse type stand with the valve and wedge/slide to just hook to the BH lines. Could use the remotes but would have to crawl up on tractor tire to operate it and it would be slow.