Why no starters in Sprint cars?

/ Why no starters in Sprint cars? #1  

RobertN

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
It's 2022; why don't they have starters and clutches in Sprint cars yet?

I really enjoy the local races; the 360's and 410's are fun to watch.

But, a buddy of mine calls them "Spurt cars"... Get em on the track, then go push start them all, then do it again every time they stop... Most other race cars have clutches, batteries, starters. It's not like there isn't clutches, starters etc to handle the compression/HP etc.

/ Why no starters in Sprint cars? #2  

But, a buddy of mine calls them "Spurt cars"... Get em on the track, then go push start them all, then do it again every time they stop... Most other race cars have clutches, batteries, starters. It's not like there isn't clutches, starters etc to handle the compression/HP etc.
Weight is the biggest thing. The best way to take off a pound is to shave a few ounces here and a few there, but they can lose a lot with no starter or alternator.

/ Why no starters in Sprint cars? #3  

Direct drive with no transmission.

/ Why no starters in Sprint cars? #4  
I used to live about a mile from Husets. 'Watched' for free a few times driving along Hwy 11.

I don't know much about it, but I know the missing parts are all about weight.

/ Why no starters in Sprint cars? #5  
I'd rather spend an evening at the dirt track roundy rounds than high bank any day.

/ Why no starters in Sprint cars? #7  
Weight and simplicity. No need for a trans, run in direct drive. No need for a clutch if you dont shift. No need for a starter if you cant disengage and reengauge the motor once running.

Midgets are the same way.

Sprint cars are loaded with old technology. Mechanical fuel injection. Solid axles. Torsion bars.

/ Why no starters in Sprint cars? #8  
Weight and simplicity. No need for a trans, run in direct drive. No need for a clutch if you dont shift. No need for a starter if you cant disengage and reengauge the motor once running.

Midgets are the same way.

Sprint cars are loaded with old technology. Mechanical fuel injection. Solid axles. Torsion bars.
…and given that archaic technology, there are few race cars on a roundly round track that can match a properly set up sprint car for acceleration and handling. With 900 HP and 1400# weight it’s a rocket.

/ Why no starters in Sprint cars? #9  
I took my "fast car" to my 1st SCCA Autocross Solo this last weekend, that was a freaking hoot. I'm addicted as I gave up road riding m/c last year due to heavy influx of covid refugees from the liberal coasts.

/ Why no starters in Sprint cars? #10  
I took my "fast car" to my 1st SCCA Autocross Solo this last weekend, that was a freaking hoot. I'm addicted as I gave up road riding m/c last year due to heavy influx of covid refugees from the liberal coasts.
Whatcha drivin?