Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #961  
4-5 inches of heavy wet snow at this time , still snowing, quite a few power outages around ours is still good.
cleaned truck off getting ready to take my wife to a cardiologist appointment.
4Apr2024 4inchs so far.jpg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #963  
We didn't get what was forecast - hard to say how much. We are on higher ground and it was dryish snow. It blew around a lot. Trees were blown bare and not weighted down. No power outage. We are lucky. Wicked wind has died down now. The open places exposed to the wind had about 5".

gg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #965  
Looks like we are supposed to get a few flakes between 7:00 and 8:00 pm tonight here in the NW corner of NY state. Probably won’t be enough for me to plow. Doesn’t look good in the long range forecast after that. Probably won’t see enough to plow again until December.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #966  
We got 12” yesterday with another fluffy 2” last night and it’s still snowing. It’s light but still coming down.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #968  
Started snowing again late yesterday morning and snowed all night. This second batch was heavier. We ended up with a foot or more at the house. When I got down the long hill to the town road with my plow there was only about 6". My wife took a short video with her phone.

gg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #969  
We didn't get what was forecast - hard to say how much. We are on higher ground and it was dryish snow. It blew around a lot. Trees were blown bare and not weighted down. No power outage. We are lucky. Wicked wind has died down now. The open places exposed to the wind had about 5".
We're not too far from you and we ended up with somewhere between 10 &14" or so of heart attack cement (depending on where you measured). Most of the snow here fell after 3 or so on Thursday, which is fairly typical for a northeaster. We're in a bit of a snow shadow from the White Mountains for the main event, but get quite a bit from the backside of the storm. Wind was pretty bad, and we're fairly sheltered. A lot of the snow fell after the wind died down. We did lose power for a couple hours in the morning.
It will be P.I.T.A removing snow from driveway parking area since ground not frozen. 🙄
Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and nowhere near as bad as last week's storm. I keep the lip of the bucket up a bit so it sort of rides on top of the snow, doesn't dig up the driveway much if you're careful. Not like it's gonna be around long, already seeing bare spots where I plowed, and I only finished a couple hours ago.

This heavy wet snow slides right off the roof.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #970  
We're not too far from you and we ended up with somewhere between 10 &14" or so of heart attack cement (depending on where you measured). Most of the snow here fell after 3 or so on Thursday, which is fairly typical for a northeaster. We're in a bit of a snow shadow from the White Mountains for the main event, but get quite a bit from the backside of the storm. Wind was pretty bad, and we're fairly sheltered. A lot of the snow fell after the wind died down. We did lose power for a couple hours in the morning.

Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and nowhere near as bad as last week's storm. I keep the lip of the bucket up a bit so it sort of rides on top of the snow, doesn't dig up the driveway much if you're careful. Not like it's gonna be around long, already seeing bare spots where I plowed, and I only finished a couple hours ago.

This heavy wet snow slides right off the roof.

We must have been typing at the same time. We are in the shadow too and had the same effect - more snow on the back side- and heavier.

gg