Mowing What size bush hog is best suited for use on a BX23?

/ What size bush hog is best suited for use on a BX23? #1  

davcog

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 23
I'm the trail master for the local snowmobile club and we currently use a walk behind bush hog. As a lot of our members are getting a little long in the tooth we are thinking of upgrading to a tractor mounted bush hog. No more wrestling with the walk behind.:scratchchin:

/ What size bush hog is best suited for use on a BX23? #2  
42 or 48.

Bruce

/ What size bush hog is best suited for use on a BX23? #3  
Yep, I think the manual recommends a 42", I use a 48" Land Pride on ours.

You really need to get some sort of HST fan protector from Bxpanded, Bro-Tek or fabricate one, I also have a steering linkage guard as the BX doesn't have much ground clearance and I have torn boots on mine in the brush.

/ What size bush hog is best suited for use on a BX23? #4  
48 max. smaller is better for thick heavy stuff, but if you currently use a walk behind- there is no point in getting smaller then 48.

/ What size bush hog is best suited for use on a BX23? #5  
The King Kutter XB Rotary Cutters are designed for subcompacts like the BX. The 48" would work best on your tractor.

/ What size bush hog is best suited for use on a BX23? #6  
The Land Pride RCR15 Series and Woods makes an RCC42 for the small tractors.

/ What size bush hog is best suited for use on a BX23? #7  
The Woods 42" is a great choice for that tractor.

Will

/ What size bush hog is best suited for use on a BX23?
Thank you all for the responses and recommendations.

/ What size bush hog is best suited for use on a BX23?
Yep, I think the manual recommends a 42", I use a 48" Land Pride on ours.

You really need to get some sort of HST fan protector from Bxpanded, Bro-Tek or fabricate one, I also have a steering linkage guard as the BX doesn't have much ground clearance and I have torn boots on mine in the brush.

Next project is fan protector. Replaced one but needs another now. Dou you have pictures of all your guards? Hate that you have to buy the whole tie rod assembly to replace the boots.

/ What size bush hog is best suited for use on a BX23? #10  
Next project is fan protector. Replaced one but needs another now. Dou you have pictures of all your guards? Hate that you have to buy the whole tie rod assembly to replace the boots.

Sorry, my my son didn't take any pictures prior to or after installation, but here are some links and a picture of the boot protectors:

Skidplate - BXTractors.info: The Kubota BX Wiki
Bro Tek plates - Bing Images

I also replaced the turnbuckles with adjustable bars from Stabilworks.