What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,341  
Took off the FEL.

Straightened the kick stand on the new to me woods tiller. Checked it all out, greased. Checked and adjusted the PTO clutch, what a job that is. Then since it was all hooked up I tilled the garden for the first time. 30 minutes to do my 50x100' garden instead of 12 hours walking behind my troy built. I was planning to get the mower deck ready today but decided to play with my new toy since it was all hooked up and ready to go.

Side note, it's no wonder the kick stand was bent, brand new lock pin rattled right out while I was tilling. It's buried somewhere in the garden. Going to need to find a better way to hold that up.
bent mine long time ago, pin did not fall out I just forgot to raise it.
just did my garden too, approx same size as yours. 2 passes 20 minutes.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,342  
tilled garden and did more grading (7ft blade) on driveway. also used bucket to toss unused chicken coop of neighbors onto his burn pile. old gc earning its keep today.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
#2,343  
Lazy spring for me, haven't removed chains or MF Dozer Blade yet.

Raining now and the GC hasn't been started in over a month.

Guess i'll be drinking coffee and watching the rain today, oh well.

KC

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,344  
I traded the 1725mb with 140 hours on it for a 2860e. I got it delivered from Bruno’s on Friday. I got the chance to use it yesterday for a couple hours. What a machine that thing is! I’m gonna use it more today once the rain dries up a bit. I got a grapple, higher lift capacity forks than the ones I had and the cb 85 backhoe. I was gonna get the 1835 but wanted to make the jump worth it so figured why not jump another frame size. It easily lifts Ibc totes fully stacked with wood three high. It’s like there’s no weight in them.

The rops just fit under my high cube shipping container by about 2 inches so that’s a big plus. I didn’t think it was gonna fit with them up.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,345  
Been a while since I posted.

On Saturday I popped the tiller back off the tractor so that I could move my trailer to storage and off the lawn so that I could mow when I'm ready. Had to empty it first because it was full of rebar I plan to use for tomato stakes this year.

Then I changed the engine oil and filter. Thought about changing the Hydro oil but decided it can wait another year, only 140 hours on the tractor since I changed it last at 50 hours.

I was going to start prepping the mower deck but by that time is was raining and gave up for the day.

On Sunday I managed to pull the blades off the mower, sharpen them up and get them put back on before the rain started again.

While it was raining I watched some videos on tilling. Noticed that the hitch pins on my tiller are in backwards... pointed in instead of out... explains why I had a hard time hooking it up. WTH! Used tiller and the hitch pins are still how they are installed for shipping. Not real happy about that and since it's a used tiller I don't expect the dealer to do anything for free. I've ordered a socket to fit the nut and I went out and bought a 4' pipe to put on my breaker bar so that I can get 400+ lbs of torque on it when I turn them around.

Supposed to rain this weekend, lawn is getting long in placed, it will look like I'm ready for bailing by the time I finally get it mowed. Might need to take an afternoon off of work to get it done.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,346  
....Might need to take an afternoon off of work to get it done.
He says it like it's a bad thing...playing hooky from work to go play on a tractor. It's a tough job but somebody gotta do it! ;)

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,347  
depending on tractor make/model used you will find pins reversed. not at all uncommon and not al all a screwup on somones end.
I have had to swap pin direction on a used 4ft woods bush hog cause a compact frame (vs sub compact we have) 23hp TYM tractor (which is still considered a sub compact for sale purposes even though its a compact frame) it was used upon before.
our links tighten in, others may tighten out. thats why pins may be reversed.

in fact MOST tractors tighten out, its only the sub-compact, as far as I can tell, that tighten IN.
now you may say that don't make sense. think about it. use a bungee cord to hold your arms together just enough to hook up then tight stuff up to prevent sway. all your force, with a GC series with inboard pins, will be on the 2 clevis pins vs being against the implement itself.

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,348  
All I know is that I watched some videos of people using the same model tiller and the pins were always pointing out. The parts breakdown also shows them pointing out and so do all the picture I can find.

I was also wondering why cover on the tractor end of the PTO shaft look a little out of shape and it is because it hits the stabilizers with the 3pt arms in that position. I think I'd rather know for sure that the pto shaft is not hitting the stabilizers.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,349  
All I know is that I watched some videos of people using the same model tiller and the pins were always pointing out. The parts breakdown also shows them pointing out and so do all the picture I can find.

I was also wondering why cover on the tractor end of the PTO shaft look a little out of shape and it is because it hits the stabilizers with the 3pt arms in that position. I think I'd rather know for sure that the pto shaft is not hitting the stabilizers.
yeah for us they need to be that way.
but heres the thing.
pointed out is neither right nor wrong.
pointed in is neither right nor wrong.

its all dependent on the tractor mounted to.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,350  
Ditch work with my Ratchet rake. Always needs to be done after the winter snow plows.