What do you do with your forks?

/ What do you do with your forks?
Are yours mounted with a skid steer quick attach?

As an earlier post stated, I have the forks on almost as much as the bucket. I use it to move hay into the barn and then to the feeder; pick up down logs, move stall mats, move lumber, aerate the compost pile. My forks are from a 5000# forklift so I've also used them to get under small trees and shrubs to up root them.

Thanks for all of the good ideas..appreciate it.
Their slip on dolly is a nice design. Could make a
pair with a plank of PT wood, pair of casters and
a pair of u-bolts? Quick and easy?

Plan on going to a QA setup, or staying with pin on?
I will try your bucket removal idea..nothing better than
life lessons to show you the way.

I suggest that you remove your pin on bucket and put it back on. That will show you if it is worth having a QA.[/B] :D

My FEL is pin on and to make it easier to swap attachments, I set them on a dolly. Put the pins in the arms first, then do the cylinders, lining it up with the curl valve.

View attachment 404434 View attachment 404435

I made this fork frame over 30 years ago for a garden tractor. The forks are 24" long

View attachment 404436 View attachment 404437

The bucket is 42" wide.

View attachment 404439

Here it a dolly for forks that I saved in my to do file.
View attachment 404450

from Artillian Tractor Attachments - Light-Weight Heavy-Duty Pallet Forks for John Deere Subcompact & Compact Tractors[/QUOTE]

/ What do you do with your forks? #53  
Thanks for all of the good ideas..appreciate it.
Their slip on dolly is a nice design. Could make a
pair with a plank of PT wood, pair of casters and
a pair of u-bolts? Quick and easy?

Plan on going to a QA setup, or staying with pin on?
I will try your bucket removal idea..nothing better than
life lessons to show you the way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will stay with pin on, I don't use it much now and I can lift the bucket and all of the attachments by hand. So it is just that it takes longer to swap attachments, but being retired, I am in no hurry. :D

/ What do you do with your forks? #54  
All the replies in this thread have been very helpful-thanks to all.

I now understand some of the many uses for front forks and the value
of owning a set. Now need to decide on the type of connection I will use
and the Brand of forks to buy. Called Titan today and was informed that
they do not sell pin on forks-wasn't happy to hear that. With a $280 set of
oem Kubota loader adapters I would be able to use my bucket as is
(now cutting and welding) and have
a version of a quick attach that would seem to work for my needs.

I will have to see who else makes a set of pin on forks at a reasonable cost. Any ideas?

I am not yet sold on the expense of converting to a SSQA style. I don't think I
will have enough of a need or use to warrant the expense. Unless I am missing something.

That leads to my next question. What other attachments would I possibly be using on this
30hp tractor and my 4 acres. I don't need a snow blower or pusher...what other attachments
are used up front?

/ What do you do with your forks? #56  

I will have to see who else makes a set of pin on forks at a reasonable cost. Any ideas?

will have enough of a need or use to warrant the expense. Unless I am missing something.

That leads to my next question. What other attachments would I possibly be using on this
30hp tractor and my 4 acres. I don't need a snow blower or pusher...what other attachments
are used up front?

Consider these (in addition to the forks):
A boom, bare fork frame, front weights, log carrier for stacking / loading / bucking. Not pictured is a mounting plate, which can be welded to just about anything to make it attachable to the FEL.
Boom_04.JPGFEL_QA_Boom_02.JPGForkFrame.JPGCounterweightF.JPGLogCarrier_03.JPG

There are others attachments as well. Check a Ritchie Bros. Auction for a number of FEL attachments, both hydraulic and not.

http://www.rbauction.com/

Go to the skid steer attachment area of the website. Look through the possibilities. You may want to add a hydraulic control to the FEL if you see something really desireable.

https://www.rbauction.com/skid-steer-attachments?id=ci&s=Y2l8Tj0wJk50az1FcXVpcG1lbnQuZW4mTnR0PXNraWQrc3RlZXIrYXR0YWNobWVudHMmTnR4PQ==

/ What do you do with your forks? #57  

are used up front?

beyond pallet forks, and the regular bucket I LOVE my brush grapple. If you have any land clearing to do or ever cut down firewood trees its EXTREMELY useful. If you mostly have a cleared out farm you probably wouldn't get enough use to justify it, but if you are rehabbing an overgrown farm like lots of people are these days (including me) its well worth it. I can spend all day cutting 10 large trees and clean all the brush mess up in about an hour with the grapple.

/ What do you do with your forks? #58  
The quick attach is also nice in the event u need to remove your bucket for some reason. Like mowing close to something, transportation, added lift capacity but forks have been main use. I have had clamp ons and quick attach. Quick attach Definitely the way to go.

/ What do you do with your forks? #59  
I have forks for SSQA and the 3PH. I keep my firewood on pallets so the forks get used a good bit moving firewood. I also keep a bunch of random stuff like metal, mulch, bricks, and blocks on pallets so if it is my way or I need it for a project it is easy to move. Forks on the loader are nice if you need to lift something high. Forks on the rear are nice if you need to lift something heavy your FEL can't lift.

Carry all for forks

Used to unload from a semi

Used to lift a shed of blocks so it could be moved. I also pushed the shed into place with the forks.

IMG_20120915_175833.jpg

If you can't tell I used my forks more than anything:laughing: They are a real time saver.

/ What do you do with your forks? #60  
I have forks for SSQA and the 3PH. I keep my firewood on pallets so the forks get used a good bit moving firewood. I also keep a bunch of random stuff like metal, mulch, bricks, and blocks on pallets so if it is my way or I need it for a project it is easy to move.

Nice attachments. Sure is nice to see someone else that drags along multiple chainsaws.