What did you do with your Power Trac today?

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #11  
That is the front hoe they sell at Titan with the thumb included. It would pull itself off the skid steer coupler, so I cut the SSQC off, shortened the arm about a foot and welded it to the PT plate. The thumb they supply is too short in my opinion, so I bolted on a piece of channel to extend it 2-3".
I liked the Titan better as you can pull pins and remove the thumb unlike some that bolt on. It works pretty good.

That bolt on thumb is the way to go. The PT thumb is cumbersome as all get out. I will say though, the PT hoe itself works really well.

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today?
Forecast is a foot of snow. After just cutting up some oak, didn't want to let sit under all that snow, so used the front how and neatly stacked in the trailer to move to cover, fast and easy.

Attachments

• Resized_20201216_143826.jpeg
    Resized_20201216_143826.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 169
  • Resized_20201216_143928.jpeg
    Resized_20201216_143928.jpeg
    668.9 KB · Views: 176
  • Resized_20201216_143910.jpeg
    Resized_20201216_143910.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 175
   / What did you do with your Power Trac today? #14  
Forecast is a foot of snow. After just cutting up some oak, didn't want to let sit under all that snow, so used the front how and neatly stacked in the trailer to move to cover, fast and easy.

That's some neat old machinery. What make is the tractor?

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #15  
Plowing snow this morning. We had about 18". I called Kristie yesterday about buying a snowblower, round bale fork, and a power dumper trailer. She said the power dumper is out of stock right now. She doesn't know when more will be made. Here in my area it always seemed like when someone would buy a snowblower attachment it would get used about once every 12 years. Snowblowers around here spend allot of time sitting. I'm kind of torn on whether I should buy one or not. This snow today was making my tractor squat a little bit. I plow about 6-7 hundred yards of driveway, so I think I'm leaning more towards having one.

IMG_2127.JPGIMG_2128.JPG

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #16  
Every couple decades I think it would be nice to have a blower, but the reality is I would rarely use it as well. I can't justify the cost or space requirements right now. Seems we get fewer and fewer heavy snowfalls here as compared to 20 years ago. Last year I only plowed the driveway once or twice, and only because I was bored.

Hey Joshlee,
Your tractor looks great. What is the pipe for on the right part of the ROPS? Where did your park brake lever go (or is it just out of sight)? I take it the level on the side of the dash is for a 3rd valve, with linkage that goes down to the factory valve? And why we are playing 20 questions, what is the pipe looking thing by your right foot?

That's some neat old machinery. What make is the tractor?

That is a Kubota L2850 that is beat (not by me). It surprises me that everything still works on it.

I will have to get some pics of the dump trailer. It is a farmer special, with a steering axle with the tie rod welded to hold it straight, some angle iron to make a cable lift to dump it.

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #19  
Hey Joshlee,
Your tractor looks great. What is the pipe for on the right part of the ROPS? Where did your park brake lever go (or is it just out of sight)? I take it the level on the side of the dash is for a 3rd valve, with linkage that goes down to the factory valve? And why we are playing 20 questions, what is the pipe looking thing by your right foot?

Oh okay. I bet it is not easy getting parts for your old Kubota.

That piece on the ROP is just a piece of pipe I welded on for holding a 3/4 wood handle. The parking lever I mounted inside more, because I kept hitting my knee on it. That lever beside the instrument panel is the forward / reverse. I got hurt years ago at work and my feet/legs don稚 work anymore, so the foot treadle is useless to me. There at my right foot is just a extendable rod so I can pick things up from sitting in the seat. I will tell ya, these 1430 machines are great. I take it you like yours?

Oh okay. I bet it is not easy getting parts for your old Kubota.

That piece on the ROP is just a piece of pipe I welded on for holding a 3/4 wood handle. The parking lever I mounted inside more, because I kept hitting my knee on it. That lever beside the instrument panel is the forward / reverse. I got hurt years ago at work and my feet/legs don稚 work anymore, so the foot treadle is useless to me. There at my right foot is just a extendable rod so I can pick things up from sitting in the seat. I will tell ya, these 1430 machines are great. I take it you like yours?

I haven't had problems getting parts for my Kubota tractors, but probably not a good reference because I haven't really needed much, even on that wreck.
I love both my Power Trac's and actually starting to consider going for a 1460 for the lift capacity.