too big

/ too big #1  

milkman

Elite Member
Ky. Between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
Tractor
BX2200, BCS 735
a little time off for the memorial day holiday, put it to good use. i hesitated for quite a while before i tackeled this one. the little bx is amazing

Attachments

• 35-153458-bigone-1.JPG
    35-153458-bigone-1.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 194
   / too big #2  
How about a play-by-play, for us beginners?

/ too big
i started out by scooping down about a foot on one side, then i went to the other side and cut it down about a foot, the stump was tall enough that i could push on the top wit the bucket and watch the ground around the stump, that way i could find the other roots. i moved some dirt off these and was able to finally push it over, then i got the bucket under it and shoved it up out of the hole. i should have removed the mmm first as i almost got stuck in the hole. it took about a half hour to get it out. could barely lift it high enough to get it into the trailer and haul it off.
i got out several smaller stumps before i started on the big one. i'v got three more about that size but they're cut closer to the ground, i'll save them for another time.

/ too big #4  
Pretty impressive stump work, Milkman! I always thought the tractor was supposed to be bigger than the stump. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Just so's you know for next time, the prescribed method for posting multiple picts of the same subject is to post the first pict and then attach subsequent picts in replies to the original message. Keeps it all together in one thread.
wink.gif

/ too big #5  
Harv - can you move 'em back over here, like you moved my off topic post the other day? Should be easy for you - /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ too big #7  
<font color=blue>can you move 'em back over here</font color=blue>

If you mean merge all the "too big" messages into one thread, that's beyond the ability of a mere moderator.

If you mean can I move Milkman's stumps to a better location, that's definitely beyond the ability of this moderator. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

If you are seeking the assistance of my wrought'n doppelganger, I think his answer speaks for itself. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ too big #8  
Now harv I jest couldn't help myself. The fella can move a stump the size of an adult longhorn but asks for help with just a post??????? This old fenceman had to stretch right on into that conversation..........

<font color=blue>wrought'n doppelganger</font color=blue>????? That's cajun for "dapper devil?"

/ too big #9  
I'm no moderator but I can move the pictures over here for you. This is quite impressive work and all these photos need to be in the same place for future reference.

Milkman's quote for this picture is:
I'm glad I got pictures, it's a locust stump and it's as hard as a bone.

Attachments

• 35-153699-Yeah.jpg
    35-153699-Yeah.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 123
   / too big #10  
Here is another one I moved over here for you.

Milkman's quote for this picture is:
Don't know what it weighed, but I could lift it with the loader

Attachments

• 35-153700-Bigone_3.jpg
    35-153700-Bigone_3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 117