TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,433  
My first post in TBN - thought I would share my seat time today with my son.
He now has enough strength to steer (3 years old). Proud moment for dad today.

View attachment 864833
Welcome to TBN. :)

I have feeling your going to less and less seat time in the future. ;)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,434  
My first post in TBN - thought I would share my seat time today with my son.
He now has enough strength to steer (3 years old). Proud moment for dad today.

View attachment 864833
I just did the same with one of my grandboys (3) . . . what a great feeling!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,436  
I told myself that it wasn't going on again... aluminum housings and 3pth backhoes are a bad combination. But I have 4 trees to get in the ground and no desire to dig the holes by hand. I still need to tune the holes up with a shovel but this did the major work.

Attachments

• 20240429_194405.jpg
    20240429_194405.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 37
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,437  
Apple trees ??? I wouldn't mind having one of those if I had some easy ground. But all the ground I have here is to boney.

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,438  
I told myself that it wasn't going on again... aluminum housings and 3pth backhoes are a bad combination. But I have 4 trees to get in the ground and no desire to dig the holes by hand. I still need to tune the holes up with a shovel but this did the major work.
I've got half a dozen little projects that would sure benefit from one of those add-on digging mochines.

Bury a gutter/downspout run-off pipe, plant a few trees like you've done, trench for a power line to the shed, clean out some ditches.

It looks pretty capable actually - - - I suspect as long as you go easy with it.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,439  
I've got half a dozen little projects that would sure benefit from one of those add-on digging mochines.

Bury a gutter/downspout run-off pipe, plant a few trees like you've done, trench for a power line to the shed, clean out some ditches.

It looks pretty capable actually - - - I suspect as long as you go easy with it.
That's what I thought, and have done a lot of work with it. Then I started paying attention to how it twists when going across uneven ground. They have a reputation of ripping the back of the housing off.

I could get a subframe for a newer model BH and modify it, the way that another TBN member did. Instead though, I plan to bring my father's TO35 home, which will handle it just fine. (The BH was also his.)
Apple trees ??? I wouldn't mind having one of those if I had some easy ground. But all the ground I have here is to boney.

gg
We've seen an example of your rocks. :eek: I have about 20 fruit trees planted: mostly antique apples but I also have a few pears, cherries and plum trees. This year I'm just replacing 2 apple trees which didn't survive and am trying a couple of peach trees.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,440  
I never thought about the twisting and torquing with all that weight traveling on uneven ground.

(y) on the fruit trees

gg