TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,911  
It looks like you're required to see a state issued ID to confirm age, and they aren't personally known to you to be a felon. If that's all that's required, it's probably best to not dig any deeper. IE, your not required to confirm they aren't a felon, you just can't knowing transfer to one; so less questions is better. Probably have him write down the serial numbers and the name/date of sale and that's it. Dont want any additional address or anything; that could come back later.

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,912  
I almost don't want to post this question after the talk of unneeded cartridges...
Son is going to order a 350Legend upper this evening; and going with a cheap 20" parkirized. Anyone have an idea how 16 vs 18 vs 20 affect this specific round? I used to be kinda attached to the idea of longer for velocity, but lately have been more of an 18" fan for most things. It's his money, so, his choice, but wondering what others thought.

Edit: Chuckhawks says 2336 vs. 2269 for that 4" difference. Personally, I think would go with nitrate 18" and a side charger

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,913  
He wanted to use my Bear Creek log in, get everything in the cart, 5 rnd mag. 20" upper, shipping, tax, $335. He kinda paused, and say "should I order this"? Funny how a $269 upper ends up at $335. He decided maybe wait.

He did say he specifically wanted the 20" heavy barrel...

This is his acceptance that a 450 Bushmaster isn't that practical. Not bad, just not practical.

Did dig through the closet and find more 6.5 Creed than I realized we had laying around, 60 rounds of Federal 140gr; 50 rounds of handloads with 129gr Interloks.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,914  
I bought one of the Garmin Xero chronographs. Man is that little sucker cool!! So easy to set up too. Just put it on the edge of the shooting bench and point it to where you're shooting. No sky screens to set up, nothing hanging on the barrel, and it's tiny enough to just put in your shooting bag.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,915  
I love my 410's, I have two double barrels and an old Savage 24 my 22/410 dad gave me for my first firearm. I also have a 28 ga. Remington 11-48 that is real fun to shoot clays' with. I do wish the ammo was more abundant and try to stock up anytime I find some, especially since my wife has a REAL fondness for using my old Savage.

For a 410 I prefer the #6 over #8's.
For EVERYTHING I prefer #6 over 8, except clays but I don't shoot clays much, I was shooting pocket gophers on the property and I'm pretty sure the #8's or was it #9 was just bouncing off their loose skin... this is in 20ga but plays the same in 12ga, and this is even at around 10 yards...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,916  
I bought one of the Garmin Xero chronographs. Man is that little sucker cool!! So easy to set up too. Just put it on the edge of the shooting bench and point it to where you're shooting. No sky screens to set up, nothing hanging on the barrel, and it's tiny enough to just put in your shooting bag.

They have really kicked LabRadar in the ding ding. I know many people are moving over to the garmin, I have not done it yet however.

IMHO if you reload you must have a chrono of some kind.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,917  
They have really kicked LabRadar in the ding ding. I know many people are moving over to the garmin, I have not done it yet however.

IMHO if you reload you must have a chrono of some kind.
I still don't have a chrono yet. There really isn't one that hits all my criteria yet.
Affordable, easy to use, accurate enough, ect

The Magneto Speed, the cheaper model is probably cheap enough, accurate, but the cheap one doesn't work well with suppressors/breaks/bull barrels, doesn't work will pistols at all, and depending on handguards/chassis, ect may not work for all guns. The V3 does work with more gun set ups, but is significantly more money, and still doesn't work for everything. The Garmin is probably a step in the right direction, but I'll wait for someone to copy the tech at lower cost.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,918  
Was playing around looking at AR uppers with son, and I saw I think Bear Creek, that had a 410 shot upper. Other than expensive fun; can anyone make an argument on what the heck the purpose of that would be? One of the great things about 410 shots, are just how stupid light and easy to carry most od them are. I think that Yildiz 410 single shot is around 3#4oz. If in gonna carry a 7-8# shotgun, it's gonna be a 12/20

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,919  
I have a Mossberg 500 pump in 410, I bought 30 boxes of #6 shot back in the 90s
We use it for varmints in our groves, they can do a lot of damage if left to their destructive habits.
The #6 shot works real good, even on Opossums, snakes, and Iguanas

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,920  
I have a Mossberg 500 pump in 410, I bought 30 boxes of #6 shot back in the 90s
We use it for varmints in our groves, they can do a lot of damage if left to their destructive habits.
The #6 shot works real good, even on Opossums, snakes, and Iguanas
It's also nice to avoid background damage. Snakes in a chicken coop; you're not nearly as worried about blowing holes all in the tin.