Tire won’t take air.

/ Tire won’t take air. #1  

dodge man

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 2025R
I’ve got a tubeless tire on a hand truck, the kind you strap a fridge to to move it out of the house, that won’t take air. Both were totally flat, I hadn’t used it in years. One side took air, the other side the air just leaks out around the edges, no tube. Is there some trick to get it to start holding air. I think once it seals it will hold air. I’d rather not try the starting fluid thing.

/ Tire won’t take air. #2  
Make sure rim clean...one trick wrap wire around tire really tight add air you may have to keep tightening wire while add air tho.

/ Tire won’t take air. #3  
I’ve got a tubeless tire on a hand truck, the kind you strap a fridge to to move it out of the house, that won’t take air. Both were totally flat, I hadn’t used it in years. One side took air, the other side the air just leaks out around the edges, no tube. Is there some trick to get it to start holding air. I think once it seals it will hold air. I’d rather not try the starting fluid thing.
On larger tires I have successfully used a ratchet strap around the circumference and snugged it up to compress the tire, maybe something similar with tie wire to cinch the tire up.

/ Tire won’t take air. #4  
Remove the valve stem, so you get get much more air in quicker. I tighten, a ratchet strap positioned exactly in the center of the tire, which helps spread the tire bead closer to the rim. You can also use your free hand to kinda help the bead get closer to the rim, wherever it is leaking the most. Once you get the bead seated on the rim, you can let the air out, re-install the valve stem, and add air, as required.

/ Tire won’t take air. #5  
Ratchet strap works on small tires. I use one strap.

/ Tire won’t take air. #6  
X2 on all ratchet strap replies around tire center. First thing before that be sure wheel rim is clean, then some dish detergent smeared around edge of tire helps it pop out.

/ Tire won’t take air. #7  
LOL, I've tried all sorts of tricks and have come to the conclusion that those 'imported' inner tubes are designed to leak.
They must aerate them during production.

/ Tire won’t take air. #9  
Dodge, sometimes if you can lay it on its side so tire is horizontal and using a locking chuck with air flowing, you can grab the tire and move it quickly up and down to seat the tire to the rim. I've done that with wheelbarrow tires all the time.

/ Tire won’t take air. #10  
If getting it off the ground and straps around the middle and trying to air it up without the core in don't work, I'd suggest taking it off and going to TSC or Rural King and picking up a couple cheap new tires. Time and money well spent.

Last edited: