The "new" L3940 HST+ arrives, grapple question

/ The "new" L3940 HST+ arrives, grapple question #1  

_RaT_

Tractor
Kioti 3510-SE HST
The harvest return L3940 with a LA 742 loader with QA arrived. I installed the grapple itself to the old CAT bucket we already had, the hydraulics were done by the dealer. The tractor is very nice, the HST+ is very enjoyable especially the auto throttle.

My question to anyone with a set of grapples on their bucket is the clamping force. This one feels very weak and it made me question a couple of things. The re-generation circuit and the relief pressure (2650 PSI) . The regenerative circuit seems fine so it makes me think the pressure is low. Can anyone with a LA 742 and in particular a toothed bucket tell me if in the dump movement you can lift the front end off the ground. NOt the loader lift/lower but the bucket dump. This one cannot do it. My L3830 could. The grapple uses the dump circuit to clamp. Next step for me is to put a gauge on the hydraulics. Anyone mount one permanently. I did on my L3830. Thanks, Rat....

/ The "new" L3940 HST+ arrives, grapple question #2  
Hi Rat,
I know you had a more specific question, I don't have a grapple or a bucket with teeth. I bought a new L3540 in April with the LA724 loader, it will lift the front of the tractor no problem by the bucket curl. Hopefully just an adjustment for you. I sure love the whole machine.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and all the Best in "010".
Jake

/ The "new" L3940 HST+ arrives, grapple question
Thanks Jake, Merry Christmas to you and your comment cements what I experioenced with my L3830 HST I used to own. I am quite sure that the hydraulic relief is incorrect. The engine never loads even when hitting the relief, not even a slight change in pitch.