The Mrs isn't going to like this idea :)

/ The Mrs isn't going to like this idea :) #1  

keegs

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5640SUD
I have a 24x24x10 garage that's filling up with attachments and what have you. I'd like to build wings or maybe a shed on the back wall. I was wondering if any of you have tackled this issue and what your solution was. I used 2x4x10 for the walls and trusses for the roof. 558194_520393444641050_1172388787_n.jpg

/ The Mrs isn't going to like this idea :) #2  
Vinyl siding?

/ The Mrs isn't going to like this idea :) #4  
My neighbor had a similar sized garage. He wanted more space. So he bought a pole barn kit and built it directly in front of the existing building. Tied it in real nice. He left the overhead door on the original building, so they can shut it when his carpenter kid does woodworking in the back half. But that only required three of the four sides that came with the pole barn kit, so he used the 4th side to build a small garden tool shed on the back-side of the existing garage for his wife to store garden tools. Worked out really well.

/ The Mrs isn't going to like this idea :) #5  
Will follow this. Have a 2 bay detached garage and would like something off the back. Can be as simply as just a cover, but be curious to what people suggest for you.

/ The Mrs isn't going to like this idea :) #6  
Here's mine from a few years ago. The overhang on the side is full of implements now. In order to follow the slope of the roof, It's a little lower than I'd like at the drip edge so I have to lower my ROPS in order to hook up or detach anything.
IMG_0749.JPGIMG_0750.JPG

/ The Mrs isn't going to like this idea :) #8  
   / The Mrs isn't going to like this idea :)
Here's mine from a few years ago. The overhang on the side is full of implements now. In order to follow the slope of the roof, It's a little lower than I'd like at the drip edge so I have to lower my ROPS in order to hook up or detach anything.
View attachment 562292View attachment 562293

Thanks... good point. I'd need an enclosed addition. This isn't a full time residence.

/ The Mrs isn't going to like this idea :)
here's mine.. neighbors refer to it as my hanger...View attachment 562313

Thanks Mykleh. coming off the existing roof rather than extending the rake might address the overhead clearance for easier access to stored attachments. Metal would keep the snow buildup to a minimum.