The last straw

/ The last straw #31  
Hey, Partner...'member me mentioning 'obvious exaggeration for the purpose of emphasis'?

I've always prided myself on the precision of my communication and the clarity of my listening focus. It's pretty obvious that I'm new to the Web
protocol and discussion board forums. Thanks for coming back in your last post with exactly the point I'm guilty of forgetting...the words in my postings will be taken somewhat literally. OK?
Beleive it or not, I now consider you as a most
subtle communicator. I knew you didn't mean for me to believe that you were a, '...with the most toys,
WINS!' person. My response lacked finesse. I apologize for not acknowledging your excellent application of facetiousness.
Now that we have shown each other that we can be humble, let's start this deal over. OK?
We be in Tractor Customization turf. I'll open with a pair of new ear muffs hung on the custom hook I attached to the custom 4" schedule 40 PVC, 28" pipe section w/a glued cap on the bottom (with drain holes), a friction-fit cap on top w/ a slot cut from the top edge down the side of the pipe to just past the bottom of the top cap when it's in place. I can feed a 16'x3/8" chain w/hooks into this pipe. I put the tail-end hook in the slot, replace the top cap and I've got a handy-dandy chain scabbard. It's attached to the ROPS lower upright w/C-clamps. I attached a snap hook to one of the C-clamps to hold my earmuffs.
The snap hook ain't no biggie. I just needed a poker reference of 'a pair' to make a vain grasp at my fading humorousness.
By the way, I'm glad to meet you!

Chip

LazyK.gif

Lazy K - Chip

/ The last straw #32  
Chip,
Photos please!! I think i can see what you are doing, but a photo would be great! I always need a chain and hate walking back to the barn or taking it off the trailer to use it. Can't leave it in the bucket (we all know what happens) and no place to put it. Can you remove the chain scabbard when you don't need it? Let us know.

18-30445-von.gif

/ The last straw #33  
Chip,

"Roger" on the comm. situation.
"Face-to-face" lacks a certain-something without faces /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif !
If we knew each other better, it'd be easier to enjoy the dry-humor and "outrageous" twists that always make conversation more fun (when both parties understand that the other understands).

I'm glad I finally learned to use these "smiley-face" things to add-back some of the missing "expression" that should accompany the words /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif.

OK, Trac. Custom. turf!
Like your "slotted pvc chain-scabbard" idea! May imitate as form of sincere flattery.

OOPS! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif ... back to "comm" turf:
Confess to residual "miffed-ness" /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif due to not receiving satisfaction from past posts...will ask again; Did you, or did you not , find/read the description of my well-drilling story entitled (I think) "Artesians-the water-well kind", which I posted(belatedly) as a response to your first inquiry to me about the subject??

This was some months ago. I know you've been "away" a lot, and have plenty on your plate with family considerations these days,... I'm just trying to figure out whether I should "waste" my time (big /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif here!) authoring somewhat lengthy dissertations when I don't know if they're reaching my "target"! So... tell me somthin'.

Ditto on the "pleas'd to meecha"! (we're on the same part of the planet, so maybe we'll do it really "face-to-face" someday) /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Larry

/ The last straw #34  
Chip, neat idea. PVC pipe makes for some great carrying cases. Now ya got me thinkin' about mounting something like that on the loader mast. I've been using a 30" piece of 1 1/2" PVC clamped to the ROPS on my 4100 to carry along a rake or long handle shovel.

18-30366-dfbsig.gif

/ The last straw #35  
Von...re: pictures. There's good news/bad news. I'm
presently coming to you via WebTV. Not sure I can image process/transmit. I'll soon be entering the real world of devices like you-all have where prefixes like, 'giga-, mega-, image-stream, octet-tickler, mouse(!), etc.', give real meaning to what can be accomplished on the Net. My wife gave me a Power Mac G4 Cube, a sort of cyber-full-dress-Harley in King of the Road Sturgis Reggallae. Fear not, my Bynet Budds, LazyK shall rise from the stable pucky pit of pitiful picture
processing paucity to a proper position of providing pictorial examples of tractor-works.

'Squooze me. Got a little excited about the new Cube!

Re: PVC equipment quivers...sorry 'bout no pics yet. I've found that 'on and off-ability' of the pipe-type item holders is important and useful.
An item-specific schedule 40 pipe scabbard, even though it is secureable and out of the way, doesn't allow for multi-tasking or re-location when you re- configure w/various implements. K.I.S.S. answer?...:

I use 1/8" thick strips of neoprene rubber cut into long-enough 1" wide belts to wrap around the ROPS, the FEL upright stanchion, the front radiator grill-guard, the vertical mounting frame member that connects your implements in back to the centerlink, any surface that would provide clearance and purchasability. OK...you've got these rubber belts that'll go around the tractor 'part'.
They act as cushions and friction binders when you girdle them with hose clamps that are attached to a mounting strip holding your PVC/ABS 'pipe'. You're right...pictures would really help, but, I hope I'm painting a decent word-picture.

What I did (and it is working) was strap a 2" wide x 18" long x 1/2" thick strip of plywood to my 28"x 4" piece of PVC SCHD 40 pipe with stainless(?) hoseclamps near top and bottom WHILE the caps were on the pipe. Remember, when mounted on the tractor frame member, the thickness of the CAP wall must fit between the space between the tractor surface and the surface of the PIPE wall. OK so far ?

You now have a pipe storage module hose clamped to a plywood strip that can be hose-clamped to your tractor by running hoseclamps around the plywood (keep PVC clamps loose) and around the tractor frame member with rubber strips as scratch-guards and friction increasers. You can loosen, slide, adjust, dis-mount everything. Need longer mounting clamps? Scab on a small compatible hoseclamp section. Need to clear an object in the way of your 'mounting' rubber/clamps...loosen and slide.

If this idea is like others' you may have tried, please let me know how I might improve this simple, non-permanent, no-drilling, no welding quick and dirty fix to tote'n needs. I'm working on a chain saw scabbard by heating the pipe in front of my propane heater, my heatgun and one of my wife's hairdryers! Get that bad-boy hot and spongey; wrap it around an oversized template I cut out of plywood in the general shape of my chainsaw bar; and flatten the semi-limp PVC around the ply til she cools, pinching an end fairly tight.
Still gotta figure out how to mount it.

Whew! Thhhhhats all

LazyK.gif

Lazy K - Chip

/ The last straw #36  
Von...can you mount a box-blade on that Zamboni from Zambowanga? ..a knuckle boom w/pneumatic demolition hammer of Jacob?

LazyK.gif

Lazy K - Chip

/ The last straw #37  
Von... re Zamboni lore...do you drive one to groom the rink? I've always wanted to find out the pattern, if there is one, the 'Boni drivers use to quickly, completely, and efficiently drag the rink surface. I'm always looking to find a better way to drag the horse arenas smooth with my 4200JD and
chain harrow/drag. During horseshows I have to
drag 2, sometimes 3, 80 x 200 arena surfaces in 30
minutes during a lunch break. This is for tightly scheduled dressage shows, but, this coming season that's practically every week-end. The rein-ing,
Quarter Horse folk, Western Pleasure, English,
and 3-Day-Event'ers are not as demanding re: clock retentative scheduling! (only when they're riding against the clock)
Anyhow, do you have any pattern if and when you make that beautiful Zamboni Magic on the ice rink?

LazyK.gif

Lazy K - Chip

/ The last straw #38  
Chip,
I start by going all the way around the outside and then go down the middle, and then right next to the last pass. It should go fairly fast for you, your riding rings are the size of a ice rink. That is if there is nothing in them, like jumps or whatever. Zamboni's turn the the right tighter than to the left. Just the way they are made, as you sit on the left side and can see better on that side. I stand sometimes to see what the heck I'm doing as I am still trying to get the hang of it. Only have had the thing for two seasons now, but I don't do it every hour like the rinks do. Good luck and don't miss any spots!

18-30445-von.gif

/ The last straw #39  
Von...you are truly the 'Iceman who cometh...'!
Thanx for that timely come-back and helpful hints handed to me by the hock-miester. Too bad there's not a Zamboni for playing fields and riding areas...one that scarifies rocks, plucks 'em up, dumps 'em in a bin and grooms the surface as well as your 'sheen does ice!

LazyK.gif

Lazy K - Chip

/ The last straw #40  
Larry H. Smith...I was off the forum a while back.
I would very much like to read your reply re: artisian wells. Can you help me narrow down my search for the elusive missive. If you were registered, the recall would be standard procedure.
What's the advantage to remaining incommunicado?

LazyK.gif

Lazy K - Chip