TERRIBLE FALL SEASON

/ TERRIBLE FALL SEASON #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
Probably as most of you a s most of you know, we have had a terrible october up here in the BUFFALO , NEW YORK AREA. i was kind of lucky as i was just on the edge of the storm and only got about 8" of snow , but it took down a bunch of my limbs off my maples and of course my willow, has not stopped raining , ground is so wet, and leaves are all over but to wet to try and pick them up, tried today and just got the GT stuck and made a mess out of the yard. i am normally in what they call the snow belt ( we get hit hardest) but for some reason the storm tracked north and we got spared, was only without power for about 12 hours, some were with out power for 12 days.

/ TERRIBLE FALL SEASON #2  
you guys certainly got hit- hard and early- we had snow here, but not like you- and very few, short power outages.

The whole thing reminded me of this cartoon.

Attachments

• winter cartoon.jpg
    winter cartoon.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 760
   / TERRIBLE FALL SEASON #3  
I have seen it snow here 3 days so far this month, including Monday, but nothing sticks. No one and nothing, including trees, were ready for what you got there. But, yeah, at least we don't hurricaines!

/ TERRIBLE FALL SEASON #4  
The ground is so wet in the Milwaukee area that I cannot get my tractor anywhere near the ground, just sinks in. No snow yet.
Bob

/ TERRIBLE FALL SEASON #5  
Morning Frank.
Hope this isn't a sign of whats ahead for winter this year...rain..rain..each day over here as well,sure glad its not snow...yikes.

Lets keep our fingers cross for another mild winter.

/ TERRIBLE FALL SEASON #6  
That SNOW sure looks pretty. ;)
Our ground is so wet that even the push mower leaves marks in the lawn. Tried to move our motorhome Sunday. Got it stuck down to the axle in just a few feet. :( The Orange One would not move the 19,000 lbs monster. More holes dug in the lawn. Called AAA. They were out in 30 minutes to winch motorhome out. Spent sometime cleaning up the mess. It will take several hours of seat time to clean up the mess when things finally dry up. :D
Maybe I should head south for the winter.:cool:

/ TERRIBLE FALL SEASON #7  
Frank I'm sorry to hear of your problems. If the power goes out again remember that you always have a warm place here in Ohio to stay.

/ TERRIBLE FALL SEASON
Thomas said:
Morning Frank.
Hope this isn't a sign of whats ahead for winter this year...rain..rain..each day over here as well,sure glad its not snow...yikes.

Lets keep our fingers cross for another mild winter.

HI Thomas: think it will be a bad winter, just hope it freezes befor the snow really comes,if we get snow cover the ground won't freeze and all i will do is make a big mess when plowing.:(

/ TERRIBLE FALL SEASON #9  
It rains almost every day. My ground is so wet I can't mow and I'd like to do that one last time before winter. The friend who is helping me take my barn apart leaves her truck here to save on gas (she's been taking a lot of the wood to another house of hers near me) and I moved it yesterday and it was sunk. Left 2 big ruts that I'll have to level out once it's drier. I moved it to the barn driveway so it won't sink again. It's also been colder than normal.

/ TERRIBLE FALL SEASON
Roxy same here, know i won't cut anymore ut sure would like to be able to get the leavs up, blew some into piles yesterday but to wet to try and pick them up and of course it rained again today:mad: