Snowblade Adaptation

/ Snowblade Adaptation #21  
Our German exchange student has been reading the posts here with me this evening and thinks this forum is, and I quote directly, " a real hoot! Guys talking about tractors on the internet!! I have to tell my Grandpapa about this!!" (She's getting a bit Americanized and Grandpa owns a small farm)

Anyway, she wanted to share a couple of comments about Christmas in the part of Germany she is from - Aachen, northeast Germany not far from Belgium. Everyone has Christmas trees and usually decorate them quite simply. Some ornaments, maybe some garland, in recent years some strands of lights. Tinsle was a whole new concept for her this year. They traditionally open gifts on Christmas eve night and spend Christmas day with family. The Grandmother of the family usually cooks the Christmas dinner.

She loved Christmas here in the U.S. And when everything is said and done, she thinks Christmas here or Christmas there is kind of the same. Family, friends, and others celebrating the birth of Christ. Our traditions may vary somewhat, but the reason for the season is the same (her exact words again).

Anyway, happy new year to all.

Bob Pence

/ Snowblade Adaptation #22  
Re: Snowblade Adaptation..Derek.

Hopefully your 12 hours of plowing coming to and end,but now there saying the wind shall pick up..snow difts for sure. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Keep thoses banks push back for ther another storm on the way.

Have a safe and pleasant New Years.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Snowblade Adaptation #23  
Re: Snowblade Adaptation..Derek.

Thomas

Haven't plowed yet. Will start around 7 or 8 this morning. Got about 6 inches by 5am this morning. Still snowing hard. Wind has been blowing pretty steady all night. They are calling for snow all day to day and tapering of to flurries later tonite. So we shall see. Gotta fill the thermos and pack a lunch and maybe even dinner. Stay warm. Happy new year!!

Derek

/ Snowblade Adaptation
Ernie: I was in Germany from 73-76, stationed at EUCOM Headquarters outside Stuttgart. I guess the Jagermeisters or Forstmeisters around there were a little more particular because more land was farmed than forested in the area. I remember the Kriskindlesmarkt too. There was one particularly famous one, I think down by Munich but I can't remember the name of the town now.

WVBill