Simplisafe Capabilities.

/ Simplisafe Capabilities. #1  

Alan W.

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3650 & Bobcat 763G & Craftsman DGS6500
Our church has been broken into too many times. Myself and two other trustees are in the process of getting a security system.
We like the price of Simplisafe both on the front side and monitoring.
The church building and the fellowship hall are 170 ft apart. I want to place the base station in the church and have a keypad at each building with each keypad controlling only the building its on.
Simplisafe has told me their system should have no trouble doing this because they have an 800 ft range.
I know thats line of sight, but throw in some walls etc. and distance drops. Has anyone had any experience with long range controls with this system. I will add there is no internet service available at the church, the system would run off Verizon cell according to Simplisafe.

/ Simplisafe Capabilities. #2  
Simplisafe has served my wife well. She has it installed at her office with the Verizon card. I can’t speak to the keypad range. However, they were easy to deal with and I assume would refund you if needed. Otherwise they may do a deal for two base stations at the church.

/ Simplisafe Capabilities.
Simplisafe has served my wife well. She has it installed at her office with the Verizon card. I can稚 speak to the keypad range. However, they were easy to deal with and I assume would refund you if needed. Otherwise they may do a deal for two base stations at the church.

It seems that most who have Simplisafe are satisfied with it. Appreciate your input. As of now this is the best option we have.

/ Simplisafe Capabilities. #4  
We went with the Ring system. The cameras are $200 each and you can view them from your phone. I don't remember the cost of the alarm system but it only has a $100 professional monitoring system. Things I don't like about the Ring is no external siren, a little sluggish to bring up the cameras when on wifi (faster on the phone's mobile data network), cant add custom chime tones for the cameras, etc. One nice thing is a smoke alarm sensor that goes next to your regular smoke alarms. If the wired smoke detectors go off, the Ring detector will hear it and alert you. Also, the Ring alarm system has an AT&T cellular mobile data backup so if your power or network lines get cut, it can still call out announcing an alarm.

Hope that helps,
JFoy

/ Simplisafe Capabilities. #5  
I can't say if it will work at 170', but I have my base station in my house and another keypad and sensors in my shop about 100' away and I have no troubles. I would think you would be fine.

/ Simplisafe Capabilities.
Thanks to all. We are presenting our recommendations to the church this wed.
If all goes well we will be ordering the system this week.
Driving to Lexington tomorrow to pick up a steel security door for the back basement entrance. Its the crooks favorite entry.

/ Simplisafe Capabilities. #7  
I have had very good results with SimpliSafe in two applications. One in a business and one in a home.

The company seems very well run, so if there is a problem with the 170' range, I'm sure they will take the system back for a refund.

/ Simplisafe Capabilities. #8  
Have a simply safe system that we installed in our Southern Home before we moved in. Original cell card was T-Mobil I think and was problematic. They sent us a verizon card to swap it out with and we never had a problem again. We no longer have them monitoring as we are now here full time. But we keep the batteries up and can use it as a warning alarm for us. Oh, and simpli-safe is great to deal with. Can suspend service for as long as you want, and turn it back on anytime. Very easy to deal with.

We also had it set up do let us know of any event that happened via both text, and email. Power goes out, text, back on, text. You get the idea. Would recommend....

Lnk