Shipping Kubota sweeper from Michigan to Maine

/ Shipping Kubota sweeper from Michigan to Maine #1  

George the Beagle

Gold Member
Tractor
BX 2370
I've been in the market for a BX2537A sweeper for quite a few years. I really don't want to buy a new one given the amount of use it'll get, but used ones rarely turn up in these parts (Maine). For some reason, I've found at least four in Michigan, one in Toronto. I've never been to Michigan but they sure like their brooms--or at least like to sell them. I went so far to contact one of the sellers (a dealer) and even negotiated a sale price on a unit that had the wheel kit and hydraulic angle (I already have the quick attach unit as I have a front mount snowblower). However, shipping to here is around $750, hmmmmm. Anybody have any ideas?

/ Shipping Kubota sweeper from Michigan to Maine #2  
Take the wife on vacation a nice road trip:)

/ Shipping Kubota sweeper from Michigan to Maine #3  
FedEx ground or local trucking company have them put it on a pallet I had a tree shear shipped for like $150 terminal to terminal. Old Dominion, R&l, YRC, JB HUNT, Swift. Local fasenal bolt company. I would think $300 tops.

/ Shipping Kubota sweeper from Michigan to Maine #6  
You are welcome.

/ Shipping Kubota sweeper from Michigan to Maine #7  
If you have a Fastenal near you, they offer store to store pallet service. They quoted me $150 for a 4' snowblower shipped from Springfield IL to Baltimore, MD. I didn't win the auction so never followed up.

/ Shipping Kubota sweeper from Michigan to Maine #8  
If you have a Fastenal near you, they offer store to store pallet service. They quoted me $150 for a 4' snowblower shipped from Springfield IL to Baltimore, MD. I didn't win the auction so never followed up.
Yup, you beat me to it, I've shipped quite a few thing with Fastenal in the past and they've been very reasonable, sender just has to strap it on a pallet and get the shipping info like size and weight and drop it off at Fastenal.

Pick it up at your local Fastenal, you can even pay on your end.

It's the 3PL section on their website.