Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,231  
What's to groan about? Nice heavy duty single axle tralier.
When somebody pops up on the board asking what trailer to purchase, so many people answer 22 foot, 14K. And lots of space to move the tractor forward or back for weight balance.

This one is half that.

With the tractor bucket overhanging the front of the bed.

It does have a quite a long tongue, so turning shouldn't be a problem with the bucket as it is.

Oh, and split rim lock ring rims. The tires have a lot of weather checking. Is that a Ford hubcap... not new at all!!!

Trailer6.jpg

With the Ford hubcap, it may be a front axle to trailer conversion, which would also makes sense as to why it appears to have hydraulic surge brakes.

No apparent suspension.

The tires could be 7.50-16 or 7.50-16.5, and probably the pair had a rating of around 7K, so not too bad for a single axle trailer.

Another issue that that era of trailer could have. It could have something like 6.00-16 tires without clearance for modern upgrades.

It is a trailer that would do its job if given a pair of new tires (if they could be found). Yet, it is also one that the seller put quite a bit of effort into restoring, but ultimately is undersized for hauling a tractor or excavator anywhere more than around the neighborhood.

Lose one of those badly weather checked tires, and you're in big trouble with no spare.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,233  
Oh that looks painful. I hope he was okay. Too steep on the ramps, should have found a snowbank to back up to the lessen the angle.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,235  
It looks inadequate, but it will haul more under my ownership than probably 95% of the "Heavy Duty" trucks parked next to it at the grocery store, any given Sunday night.
Some care about looks, others dont.

Ive hauled 10k behind my V70 diesel, though 7k is still safe for the highway. Its not a race, i can keep up with the big rigs and i dont want to hurry more than that either when hauling heavy...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,236  
Some care about looks, others dont.
There's some irony in that statement. Guys with big Heavy Duty series pickups that never get used as such must think they look cool, but most of us just think they look like posers.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,237  
.... but most of us just think they look like posers.
Kids are like birds: The young squeel like the elders sing.

My friends 4 year old yelled through the open window about a guy in a pickup with open pipe at the traffic lights next to them "Look pa, that guy has a small wiener !" Guy sat there waiting for a green light with a **** eating grin 🤪