RV Concrete pad

/ RV Concrete pad #1  

theboman

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500 HST
I'm considering pouring a concrete pad big enough to park my RV. I have a 25' 5er and tow with a full size F250 and where I currently park is gravel, it's not level enough to get off the hitch easily, the truck is on a small uphill slope (just enough to matter).

Any suggestions?

I may even consider digging out the hill a bit and leveling the gravel a little better... the cheaper, easier and I'd be the smarter thing to do.

Any input on how to, what to do is great appreciated.

/ RV Concrete pad #2  
level pads/spots for the wheels to sit on when the trailer/truck are in the proper position.

Egon

/ RV Concrete pad #3  
I'm with Egon, I have a 33 ' 5th wheel and all I need is a spot level as long as from the wheels on the camper to the rear wheels on the truck. It doesn't matter if the rear of the 5rv is 6' off the ground as long as the camper and truch are level side to side. HTH, Nat

/ RV Concrete pad #4  
Mine sits on gravel also next to my shop and it slops also.
I use 2 2X8 ...4X8 treated 6ft planks to park one side on.
I do have other level spots but trees and birds make cleaning not fun!
I have the 2 planks staggerd so I back up on 2in then onto the other 2in total of 4in's up.

Gene

/ RV Concrete pad #5  
It's this good common sense
or maybe a laziness to avoid more work than necessary
that attracts me to TBN /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ RV Concrete pad
Where the RV sits is pretty level, a 2x is all it needs, but where the truck sits when hooking/unhooking it's 4-5" difference on the left to right and up and down. It's a pain in the rear...

/ RV Concrete pad #7  
I put in a pad for my former RV several years ago. It started with a good base with merified paper under it. That was all I was going to do. Then like everything I do I get crazy. So in went the concrete pad. I put plastic under it to keep down on the moisture. Then I put up one of those tent type garages. 16' wide 40' long and 14' high. I had a lot of problems the first couple of years with the wind wanting to make into a balloon. I tried everything to tie it down. It would shear 1/4" cable and pull ground augers right out of the ground. I had my fabricator come over and make 6" X 6" square tube frames for the front and back. I then wired the building to that. I have not had a problem since. I don't have the motor home anymore but it makes great storage for the Kubota and accessory's. Wait I think I had a moral here......oh ya, what ever you do start with a good base so you can add to it if need be. Things have a habit of progressing from the simple original thought of just wanting to hook-up easier.

Good Luck