RK37 Weight for hauling to first 50 hour service 129 miles away. I need a trailer.

/ RK37 Weight for hauling to first 50 hour service 129 miles away. I need a trailer. #21  
I'd do the 50-hour service myself, that way I know it's done per the manual and I'm not waiting for the dealer to get to it. Some of the 50-hour service you'll repeat for annual service as well so you might as well get experienced.

I would not buy a trailer to haul it unless you have a need for the trailer for other things. Be sure to include not only the purchase price but registration and licensing, insurance, and periodic maintenance on the trailer as well as the tow vehicle. Hire someone with a rollback truck to haul it -- cheaper in the long run, plus you don't have to find a place to store your trailer.

/ RK37 Weight for hauling to first 50 hour service 129 miles away. I need a trailer. #22  
See Tire capacity for fluid in tires - basically 800 lbs. total in fluid. Tractor + fluid = 4250 lbs. Leave the loader off for a service call.

/ RK37 Weight for hauling to first 50 hour service 129 miles away. I need a trailer. #23  
I didnt want to buy a trailer for mine either, as I will never normally use one. I called a wrecker service, and they brought out a flatbed and moved my tractor like nothing. It wasnt that expensive, but I dont live over a 100 miles from my store.
A lot would depend on one's resources and what one is hauling. Rent?

A U-Haul car hauler is rated at 5,290 lbs. Just tell them you're hauling your vintage VW Bug.

Our local equipment rental has a couple of small equipment trailers that can probably do around 7K.

Anyway, $100 or $200 to rent a trailer once in a while is a lot cheaper than $2000 to $5000, or more to buy a trailer.

Of course once one has the trailer, one can find lots of things to haul. :)