RK37 Weight for hauling to first 50 hour service 129 miles away. I need a trailer.

/ RK37 Weight for hauling to first 50 hour service 129 miles away. I need a trailer. #1  

MoccasinGap

Tractor
RK-37 Shuttle Shift
Hey all, I have the RK37 with a cab need the weight. I need to purchase a trailer so that I can haul it for service. Any suggestions would be helpful. I think I can do all the service myself. The boss says I need to take it in. Thank you.

/ RK37 Weight for hauling to first 50 hour service 129 miles away. I need a trailer. #2  
Do your own fifty hour service.

You cannot possibly trailer a tractor for less than $1.25 per mile with load and trailer liability insurance. 258 miles X $1.25 = $322.50. Probably a $75 night in a hotel in addition. Transport will cost about the same as fifty hour service.

Pulling a tractor laden trailer without dedicated trailer brakes is extremely wearing on truck brakes.

TYM makes Branson, TYM and small Mahindra tractors. One of these dealers may be willing to service your RK.

/ RK37 Weight for hauling to first 50 hour service 129 miles away. I need a trailer. #3  
Hey all, I have the RK37 with a cab need the weight. I need to purchase a trailer so that I can haul it for service. Any suggestions would be helpful. I think I can do all the service myself. The boss says I need to take it in. Thank you.

If you mean employer, they can buy the trailer. If you mean family member, be assertive. 50 hour service is some fluids and filters, nothing complex.

/ RK37 Weight for hauling to first 50 hour service 129 miles away. I need a trailer. #4  
If you want to search my posts, I posted weight for rk37 with cab

/ RK37 Weight for hauling to first 50 hour service 129 miles away. I need a trailer.
The Boss as in the wife. LOL

/ RK37 Weight for hauling to first 50 hour service 129 miles away. I need a trailer. #6  
First question I have is what do you plan on towing it with?
Second is is it set up with the proper hitch, brakes and wireing for a proper trailer?

Unlike some I don稚 think a 129 miles to make the wife happy is a lot especially if it nets you a shinny new toy like a properly equipped trailer!

So if you have the tow vehicle I would suggets a trailer at about 20 or 22 ft with a gross combined wieght of about 10,000lbs.

You could also use the trip to buy and bring home one of those attachments you most likely already want. Just remember the words, Honey we should buy it now while we are here this way we don稚 have to waste fuel to come back and get it later

/ RK37 Weight for hauling to first 50 hour service 129 miles away. I need a trailer. #7  
The tractor is listed as 3417 lbs for the shuttle cab version. The loader is listed at 1052. Allow for ballast on top of that. That would put you close to max load for a 7,000 lb car hauler or well within the limits of a 10,000 lb trailer. Your average 16-18 ft, 7,000 lb trailer will haul it, but if you think you may need to haul the tractor and some implements at some point and can swing a bit more price then a 20-22 ft, 10-12K lb trailer is the better choice. If you were to need to take a brush hog with you somewhere that would put you over weight with the lighter trailer.

/ RK37 Weight for hauling to first 50 hour service 129 miles away. I need a trailer. #8  
First off, I would do as already suggested; do the 50 hour service yourself.

Second; If you are going to buy a trailer for the tractor make sure it has brakes on both axles. The other posters have given good info on size. 16-22 footer with 10,000-12,000 GVWR.

/ RK37 Weight for hauling to first 50 hour service 129 miles away. I need a trailer. #9  
Do it yourself if possible, read your manual, not a lot to it and you will become more familiar with the tractor.

/ RK37 Weight for hauling to first 50 hour service 129 miles away. I need a trailer. #10  

Buy a trailer!
Jeff9366 lives less than 10 miles from his dealer....not 129 miles away.

Jeff9366 and I both live in Florida. In Florida, there is no need for "trailer liability insurance".
Trailer liability is provided by the towing vehicle, as I believe it is everywhere.

A trailer is a piece of equipment that will likely depreciate less than any other equipment you may have.

Trailer electric brakes, if properly adjusted, are excellent.
I have pulled my 20' equipment trailer many hundreds of miles with my GMC 2500 4x4. Though mine is rated for 14K, I do not ever load it for more than 12K GW. I like overbuilt stuff!

Trailers have many other uses also.
Follow the advice of your "Boss" ( and consider yourself fortunate, that she wants you to get a trailer)

Be certain that you get a trailer with enough capacity to accommodate additional implement weight, as well as any possible future tractor needs.

Last edited: