RK 24 FEL joystick.

/ RK 24 FEL joystick. #1  

Ohio RK24

Bronze Member
Tractor
2019 RK24
I am wondering if anyone else has had the FEL Joystick become very lose and floppy in one of the 4 directions, working at moving felled tree sections to the burn pile, at the end of the day refueling tractor and doing a walk around check I found that indeed my joy stick is floppy in one direction. the loader still seems to function.
So I am wondering if anyone has ran into this issue and how you went about correcting it, it appears that the 4 hex head bolts hold the assembly together but I haven't ventured int it yet, I thought it wise to seek a little wisdom before applying
hillbilly ingenuity to the situation.
Thanks for the help in advance.

/ RK 24 FEL joystick. #2  
Yes my RK 24 loader joystick started getting very loose and sloppy in the curl/dump positions at around 35-40 hrs.
pull the rubber boot up and you'll find the nuts for the little spool valves have loosened up or in my case one nut had come off completely
but the boot kept it from falling out and getting lost.
I just spun the nut back on and tightened everything up and it's been fine.Also check the allen head cap screws on the flange that the joystick handle threads into.

/ RK 24 FEL joystick.
Modelaway,
thanks for the info, I did as you instructed and it was indeed a nut that had loosened considerably. Since I was in there any way I decided to grease up the pivots and checked all of the nuts for tightness.
Have a good evening.
Yes my RK 24 loader joystick started getting very loose and sloppy in the curl/dump positions at around 35-40 hrs.
pull the rubber boot up and you'll find the nuts for the little spool valves have loosened up or in my case one nut had come off completely
but the boot kept it from falling out and getting lost.
I just spun the nut back on and tightened everything up and it's been fine.Also check the allen head cap screws on the flange that the joystick handle threads into.

/ RK 24 FEL joystick. #4  
Glad it's fixed! I'm gonna put 3 hrs. or so on mine tomorrow skidding some dead ash trees out of the woods then running the bush hog.
Enjoy your tractor!

/ RK 24 FEL joystick.
It sounds like we are in the same boat, I just finished cleaning up after having dropped two cottonwoods ( 75'and 80", 32" and 34" diameter )
then I had to drop a couple smaller 40" maples that got damaged in a storm.
Makes very thankful to have the tractor to work with, next I am on to repairing fence damaged by falling tree's and limbs.

/ RK 24 FEL joystick. #6  
wow= those were good size cottonwoods.
I've got several cottonwoods also.Kind of nuisance trees as they get tall and old.
I burn them in the shop woodstove along with the ash wood.
Sound like your "24" gets a good workout which is good for it!

/ RK 24 FEL joystick. #7  
Mine has started to get a little loose on my RK24. I’ve got 96 hours on it. I may try to tighten it up this weekend.
It’s had a pretty tough 90hrs digging stumps with the Artillian front hoe bucket. I’m surprised it isn’t super sloppy already.

/ RK 24 FEL joystick. #8  
It seems this is a common problem with joystick controls, not just on our RK 24's.
It's really easy to check and correct.
I've got about 55 hrs. on mine and just did the 50 hr. service at 49 hrs.
Time to really put it to work- lots of projects.
I have a Piranha tooth bar on the bucket and have dug out 5 stumps so far, but that Artillian front hoe sounds interesting.

/ RK 24 FEL joystick. #9  
It seems this is a common problem with joystick controls, not just on our RK 24's.
It's really easy to check and correct.
I've got about 55 hrs. on mine and just did the 50 hr. service at 49 hrs.
Time to really put it to work- lots of projects.
I have a Piranha tooth bar on the bucket and have dug out 5 stumps so far, but that Artillian front hoe sounds interesting.

I’ve been very impressed with the front hoe. It does a pretty good job digging stumps.
IMG_1337.JPG