Rice Pudding

/ Rice Pudding #1  

RobertN

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
It took me a long time to find a rice pudding recipe I like. I found this on the web some time ago, and embellished it to my tastes. It takes some work, stirring for 20 minutes, but it is worth the effort. Sometimes I use brown sugar instead of white sugar. Most every time I double the recipe...

I don't use instant rice... I like regular rice; the stickier the better

Rice Pudding

3/4 cup uncooked white rice
1 cup milk
1 cup half/half or heavy cream, divided
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup golden raisins
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions
In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
In another saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup half/half, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup half/half, beaten egg and raisins. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla. Serve warm.

/ Rice Pudding #3  
It took me a long time to find a rice pudding recipe I like. I found this on the web some time ago, and embellished it to my tastes. It takes some work, stirring for 20 minutes, but it is worth the effort. Sometimes I use brown sugar instead of white sugar. Most every time I double the recipe...

Rice Pudding

1 cup milk
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup golden raisins
1 tablespoon butter
Directions
In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
In another saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup half/half, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup half/half, beaten egg and raisins. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla. Serve warm.

Making it right now!
Thanks for the recipe!

/ Rice Pudding #5  

Rice Pudding

1 cup milk
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup golden raisins
1 tablespoon butter
Directions

Man.....is that stuff good!
Just ate a (too) big helping!
Wife loved it too, and she hates raisins.

/ Rice Pudding #6  
Looks awesome- (sans the raisins ;)

/ Rice Pudding #7  
   / Rice Pudding #8  
Mother used to make one similar and we would stir in a spoon of jam (jelly?) while it was hot, was always a favourite, haven't had it for years.

/ Rice Pudding #10  
My mom would make that, then bake it in a small glass baking dish, until it was firm, like cake. We'd eat it in a bowl warm with some sugar and cream over it.