Returning batteries for warranty claim

/ Returning batteries for warranty claim #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
900CCA NAPA “Legend” Batteries dated 11/23 are at 12V and 700 CCA.

In 50* temps, they don’t have enough a$$ left to turn tractor over, so I took them back to NAPA.
NAPA dealer says “leave them overnight and we will test CCA tomorrow after long charge”.

They hook a NAPA tester up to it now and it says 12V 702CCA on one and 12V and 698CCA on the other.

I’m sure an overnight charge will bring them back to life, but will it last?

I’ve had to jump them a couple times and after tractor is running, makes about 13+ on the voltmeter and theres no electrical system light on.

/ Returning batteries for warranty claim #2  
Not helpful for your current situation, but next time buy from Costco. Interstate batteries free replacement within 3 years no questions asked

/ Returning batteries for warranty claim
If my tractor is showing 13.4+ on voltmeter and I have no trouble light on as stated, why would it be alternator?

/ Returning batteries for warranty claim #8  
Pepboys has a good battery policy. I walk in with a battery that has a date that isn't reached yet and walk out with a new one in about 5 minutes.

/ Returning batteries for warranty claim #9  
All I use are NAPA batteries. Always good luck with them and get them from my mechanic. Let him deal with the warranty. He doesn’t remove the stickers and can manipulate the warranty if need be.

/ Returning batteries for warranty claim
Isn't a properly charged 12v battery supposed to be +/- 12.4 to close 13v?

They’re tryin to tell me 12V and 700CCA on a 900CCA battery is considered “good”.

When the tractor is not running, I see 12V.
When the tractor is (jump) started, I see 12.7 then 12.9, then 13.1, then 13.4, etc.