Reliable Hose?

/ Reliable Hose? #21  
I own a power washing company and use my house daily to connect to house after house. Also on commercial properties dragging across concrete and asphalt regularly. The Flexzilla hose will last me a few years. It's the standard for us power washers.

/ Reliable Hose? #22  
I have yet to find a good hose for winter time
Red rubber. I live in the rust belt, wash my vehicles and store my hose outside.

This also goes for the OPs question. I believe I have 2 gates or goodyear red rubber hoses. Bought them from HD about 2019. Both live outside in NY and both still work great. 50' is about $35 now.

I tried others and they all suck.

/ Reliable Hose? #23  
Some of my Craftsman black rubber hoses date from 2004 and always outside…

/ Reliable Hose? #24  
I bought some Flexzilla hoses I'm pretty happy with.

/ Reliable Hose? #26  
Im thinking about buying one this week also….to test it out

/ Reliable Hose? #27  
Red rubber. I live in the rust belt, wash my vehicles and store my hose outside.

This also goes for the OPs question. I believe I have 2 gates or goodyear red rubber hoses. Bought them from HD about 2019. Both live outside in NY and both still work great. 50' is about $35 now.

I tried others and they all suck.
I also own about 400' of that construction grade red rubber hose. Been using that for the last 10 years. I love it! Lasts forever and is difficult to make it kink.
On the other hand, wife hates it. She bought herself 100' of that cheap-ass flat hose junk to use for her flower beds because "it is light and easy for her to handle". Yeah right - we'll see how great that holds up after a couple of years :)

/ Reliable Hose? #28  
I've had a couple of those lightweight expandable hoses. They are very convenient. Unfortunately they both failed in about a year. We have relatively high water pressure and this was several years ago, so they are probably better now. I've considered trying again for the ease of moving them around.

/ Reliable Hose? #29  
We have two 100' garden hoses.My wife bought them when we first got married. I have no idea where she bought them.They are about 40 years old and we are still using them. One has some black electricians tape where it leaks but other than that no other repairs. The hoses have never been stored inside. They are just coiled on the ground in huge 6' coils and the water gets blown out of them for winter.

I think the reason they've lasted as long as they have is because they get stored in large coils and when we use them they rarely get kinked. They also don't have water in them for winter and I don't drive over them either.

/ Reliable Hose? #30  
I've had a couple of those lightweight expandable hoses. They are very convenient. Unfortunately they both failed in about a year. We have relatively high water pressure and this was several years ago, so they are probably better now. I've considered trying again for the ease of moving them around.
The best of those lightweight hoses can be bought in RV supply places. They are nylon wrapped and constructed like a miniature fire hose and they last a long time.