Reliable Hose?

/ Reliable Hose? #1  

snpower

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere GT235, GT 275, 1025R
What does it take to get a hose that lasts more than a year? Can anyone recommend something in the 50 foot length category? Smaller diameter for better pressure. Used for car and tractor washing - general use. I’m near Tractor Supply, and Lowe’s (bleh). Home Depot and Amazon are options too!

/ Reliable Hose? #2  
What does it take to get a hose that lasts more than a year? Can anyone recommend something in the 50 foot length category? Smaller diameter for better pressure. Used for car and tractor washing - general use. I’m near Tractor Supply, and Lowe’s (bleh). Home Depot and Amazon are options too!
What ever HD sells, avoid it. Lime green hose, dark green stripe down the length of it.
When it kinks, it is done in this weather. It either breaks completely or jams up enough on the inside that it does not flow.

I have yet to find a good hose for winter time.

/ Reliable Hose? #3  
I've had good luck with the heavy duty hoses that have the bigger metal fittings at the end. Recently, they seem to be in a dark red color, but I have some green ones that have worked great for years.

/ Reliable Hose? #5  
Ive tried everything. Solid rubber commercial hoses, guaranteed kink free hoses, everything. They ALL suck. I bought a costco 120’ hose guaranteed never to kink. Kinks all the time. I should have taken it back….but too lazy. I think thats what they hope for.

ill just buy 3-4 hoses and plan on tossing them next year….like always.

/ Reliable Hose? #7  
I have black rubber hoses from Sears and Home Depot that work fine or over 2o years. In the barn the rats love chewing on them so crummy vinyl hoses out there.

/ Reliable Hose? #8  
There’s no good solution. Solid rubber hoses are durable, but kink. I have used those fabric fire hose types and they are actually the best for durability, but they are hard to store without a reel to roll them up. You can buy them in 3/4” diameter in stores that sell RV supplies.

/ Reliable Hose? #9  
I've actually had pretty good luck with most hoses. The vinyl ones tend to kink but I've got some of those that are 10 to 15 years old. My best hose is a black rubber one that is kind of octagonal on the outside. It's heavy but it won't kink and I've had it for at least 20 years. It sits outside 6 to 8 months a year and it's still in good shape. I wish I knew the brand.

/ Reliable Hose? #10  
Come late fall - like it or not - all my hoses get coiled and are left out in the weather.

Plastic hose will - sometimes - last 4 or 5 years. If it's a good brand.

Without exception - my very best hose is black rubber. I've had three - 50 foot length - for over twelve years now. Heavy brass fittings - both ends. They DEFINITELY pay off in the long run.

Kenny - you and I are talking about the same black rubber hosing. My black hose is also flat on six or eight sides. Likewise - no idea of the brand. Also - no idea where it was purchased - other than it was somewhere in the Spokane area.