Recommendations/Warnings - Cub Cadet ZTXS5 Series ZT Mowers

/ Recommendations/Warnings - Cub Cadet ZTXS5 Series ZT Mowers #21  
The other 'nice' thing about the steering wheel CC is unlike the 'oars' when making a tight turn, it takes no coordination extra to eliminate inside wheel spin and the resultant tearing up of the grass. There is no inside wheel spin. I think it's a nice setup myself.
Interesting...the lap bar does tear up the grass in tight turns. I'll use my steering wheel one later today and compare, after servicing it.

/ Recommendations/Warnings - Cub Cadet ZTXS5 Series ZT Mowers #22  
I have a steering wheel ball on my F2560E and it makes it really comfortable to steer one handed.

/ Recommendations/Warnings - Cub Cadet ZTXS5 Series ZT Mowers #23  
Dummy knob or Polish power steering....lol I have one as well and on my tractors too. Wish I could find another one like I have on my one tractor that has a pretty lass inside and she drops her top when you crank the ball.

/ Recommendations/Warnings - Cub Cadet ZTXS5 Series ZT Mowers #24  
Are you constantly going in circles?

/ Recommendations/Warnings - Cub Cadet ZTXS5 Series ZT Mowers #25  
Interesting...the lap bar does tear up the grass in tight turns. I'll use my steering wheel one later today and compare, after servicing it.
Please do and report back on your observations...

/ Recommendations/Warnings - Cub Cadet ZTXS5 Series ZT Mowers #26  
I need to bring home my Grandfather's Yazoo he bought in 1970. It's a zero turn and cuts before tires run over it. I just washed the Z Force for the first time . Arrows point to 3 changes I made, lights, cigarette lighter and hold down for oil dipstick. Sometimes cutting under trees a limb would flip it up and I'd get sprayed with oil!
I did have one problem. Sometimes cutting along and deck would be floating. Turns out the adjustment lever pin was slightly worn enough to disengage.
I'll report back later after I cut.
2024_05_02_14.18.36.jpg
20240502_145330.jpg
20240502_145405.jpg
20240502_150454.jpg
20240502_145427.jpg
20240502_150539.jpg

/ Recommendations/Warnings - Cub Cadet ZTXS5 Series ZT Mowers #27  
Bit the bullet, wrote the check, took delivery of the CC ZTXS6 60" this past Monday. Workload is super-busy so I haven't conducted a full-scope test mow, just about 1/2-acre mostly level fenced-in area. More significant workout planned for Saturday (weather permitting).

First drive didn't reveal anything that hasn't been shared in the thread so far. The steering effort is a bit more than I first expected, but recognizing that it's the equivalent of manipulating two lap-bar handles through a steering wheel, it's a reasonable steering effort. 60" cut was crisp and even better than what I've seen from my MF GC1705 with 60" MMM. My 42" Simplicity gives a slightly better cut, but that's to be expected from the Simplicity design and the smaller deck width.

Looking forward to the longer 'first real mow' this weekend.

Congrats!

Random question when you get a chance -- what's the toe of the front wheels on your machine? In, out, or straight? Mine came with a slight toe out.

/ Recommendations/Warnings - Cub Cadet ZTXS5 Series ZT Mowers #28  
I just finished mowing with the Z Force steering wheel zero turn and it is amazing how much better it cuts than the lap bar.
The way the dealer explained is the lap bar has two motors operated by levers, so one lever forward & other back wheels turn opposite which causes scuffing. Z Force front wheels steer but rods do go to back motors also. When turning tight it automatically slows way down.
Bottom line is for the best looking lawn steering wheel is the best. For speed my lap bar cuts faster but not as good.
20240502_185651.jpg

/ Recommendations/Warnings - Cub Cadet ZTXS5 Series ZT Mowers #29  
If I had to buy one today this is probably what I'd get. It already has lights (I added mine), I like the deck, probably has zerk fittings on spindles. $3,299View attachment 865426
Looks exactly like the one I have. Kawasaki motor that runs great after roughly 2 years of use. Only complaints I have are: no hour meter and non greaseable spindles (one is starting to make a little noise this year). It does cut well, and handles hills better than expected.

/ Recommendations/Warnings - Cub Cadet ZTXS5 Series ZT Mowers #30  
You can turn a lap bar without causing any damage, if you turn it correctly.

Anyone turning a lap bar ZTR by rotating one wheel forward and one reverse, is doing it wrong.