rear wheel spacers

/ rear wheel spacers #1  

RK55guy

Bronze Member
Tractor
2018 RK55
i think i want to put wheel spacers on my rk55. i need yalls opinion on whether this is a good idea or not. will spacers cause premature wear on anything. if yall think its a good idea, where can i get spacers? im thinking 2 or 3 inches on each side cause i mow some very steep ridges. thanks in advance for any and all info

/ rear wheel spacers #2  
I put 6" spacers per side and ran them 600 hours between an L3400 and an l2501. Loaded rear tires as well. No issues at all. They made those tractors stick on sidehills like ticks. I bought them from Bora. Excellent fit and hardware.

/ rear wheel spacers #3  
I put 4" on each side and love it. Even then side-hills can get me jumpy. Even when tires are loaded and weights. I posed the question many YEARS AGO ON THIS FORUM AS TO IF ANYONE HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH TRANSAXLE THAT CAN BE ATTRIBUTES TO EXTENSIONS. Still nothing and I never heard of anyone with problems.

/ rear wheel spacers
city dude, i googled bora and found cooktops and vacation stuff. can you give me anymore info on bora. much appreciated

/ rear wheel spacers #5  
We put 4" spacers on each rear wheel of our L3800. That made a big difference in stability. I first checked with our dealer to see if the dealer knew of a reason (such as undue stress on the axle) not to put the spacers on, and the dealer didn't see a problem. We never had a problem, although we had only less than 200 hours on the L3800 when we sold it. We bought our spacers from Christian Hansen, the Tracks Company, 510-601-7550, thetrackscompany.com.

/ rear wheel spacers #6  
I put 4" on each side and love it. Even then side-hills can get me jumpy. Even when tires are loaded and weights. I posed the question many YEARS AGO ON THIS FORUM AS TO IF ANYONE HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH TRANSAXLE THAT CAN BE ATTRIBUTES TO EXTENSIONS. Still nothing and I never heard of anyone with problems.
Deere makes 6” extensions as an option for your tractor so I’m guessing the only negative you’ll find is that they won’t fit into a tight space or on to a trailer.

/ rear wheel spacers #8  
Some extra width sure makes a difference when trying to mow steep slopes:

tractor rear view.jpg

/ rear wheel spacers #9  
If you should decide to run tire chains sometime you may need wheel spacers.

/ rear wheel spacers #10  
I put 2-1/2" Boras on my B3030. Very nicely made, although I found it odd that the new bolts for attaching the wheels are a different (wrench) size than the originals that hold the spacers on...

Theoretically more stable, but I don't know how you measure that - go until it tips over and then back off 5°? I did it for chain clearance with stability a side benefit.