3-Point Hitch Proper prior planning...

/ Proper prior planning... #1  

tacticalturnip

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610HST
...is boring.

A long while back I picked up telescoping stabilizers for my Kioti; they'd be on now, but you need to weld on a part. I don't weld.

Since then I've considered taking the piece to be welded on to the lift arms, I've looked at TYM part only to see they wouldn't work. Come to find Kubota makes some parts that looked compatible-ish.

Well, I found myself at a Kubota dealer looking at Cub Cadet lawn tractors the other day; since I was there I though I'd ask if one particular part to the kit I had seen could be purchased. It could.

20240503_160102.jpg

20240503_160243.jpg

Well, I'm finding it doesn't quite fit... I need to open the hole up a little. I started at it, but now I've got the battery recharging.

20240503_173347.jpg

/ Proper prior planning... #3  
This sounds like one of my projects. About 5 13 years ago I bought an old Dearborn disc harrow for a fair price. It didn't take long to learn about bearings... I replaced one, and bought several extra. Some winter I am going to take it apart and rebuild... although since buying it I have realized it needs all new disks and those aren't cheap, even at Agri-Supply.

Ironically I am sitting in my truck reading your post while looking at the harrow, wondering if it would be better to sell and replace.

/ Proper prior planning... #4  
This is exactly why I got the tractor I got. It had every standard feature that mattered to me. I knew I would be very bad at DIY improvements.

Glad you found some ways to solve your issue.

/ Proper prior planning...
This sounds like one of my projects. About 5 13 years ago I bought an old Dearborn disc harrow for a fair price. It didn't take long to learn about bearings... I replaced one, and bought several extra. Some winter I am going to take it apart and rebuild... although since buying it I have realized it needs all new disks and those aren't cheap, even at Agri-Supply.

Ironically I am sitting in my truck reading your post while looking at the harrow, wondering if it would be better to sell and replace.

For better or worse, that's one personality trait my stepfather left me with; the ability to start a project with no end date.

This is exactly why I got the tractor I got. It had every standard feature that mattered to me. I knew I would be very bad at DIY improvements.

Glad you found some ways to solve your issue.

I enjoy the heck out of little things like this, so it's fun for me. That said, the CK10/20SE series have the telescopic stabilizers, but they also have DPF and an ECM.

I ran my step bit (I think that's what it's called?) down to nothing, almost through the first hole. So I got everything ready to do the other side, and I'll grab two new bits in the AM. This is happening now; lol, it's personal, like a bad sequel.

The Kioti is outside for the night, sitting on jack stands. Given the seat of the pants nature of this project, I'm not too concerned about the time it is taking; that said, I can say my estimate of an hour was wrong. By a lot.