power service addative

/ power service addative #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
Have not had to use tractor in 4 days (but darn sure will need to move snow) tomorrow, Altough the diesel is winter blend , with three nites of O deg temp and worse tonigh i decided to add some power service, added 5oz to 6.5 gal tank started tractor and let it run about 20 min. all was fine. question WAS 5 oz TOO MUCH FOR 6.5 GAL. AND WILL IT HARM ANYTHING?

/ power service addative #2  
That amount of additive will not harm a thing. After you experience the joys of removing wax deposits from a fuel jelling event adding extra additive will become a way of life!

Lou Braun

/ power service addative #3  
Extra won't hurt at all. I think the recommended mix is 2oz to 5gal.

/ power service addative
thanks that i what i thought, i don't normally add power service unless i have some summer blend to use up.But it has been very cold and i THOUGHT an OZ of preventino (in this 5oz) would be a good idea Mabey i will just add a little addative to every tank full.

/ power service addative #5  
I just add til' I think it's "good", extra won't hurt anything.

/ power service addative #6  
Extra will not hurt but it MUST be added before the fuel gels. Pour point depressants will not break up existing wax formations, it only prevents them from forming in the first place. Point being, make sure you use the additive before the fuel gets cold or it will do nothing at all. There are additives that will reliquify gelled fuel but most are alcohol based and it is not recommended to use them all the time.

/ power service addative #8  
Well Lee, the diesel gallon is measured at 60 F, and each gallon of diesel will expand 0.00046 percent for every degree you raise the temp. You'll need to multiply it out for how many degrees you increased (or decrease) the temp, and then adjust for the the .58 oz. Also consider the ounce of additive will also be temperature dependent so there needs to be an adjustment in that measurement also. :D:D:D:D

/ power service addative #9  
This is going to sound really dumb - but where do I find PSA? have not seen it in my area?
thanks.