Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #471  
I'm also trying to encourage grass growth in some weeded fields.
Grasses take mowing much better than weeds for the most part.
The trick is to let the grasses go to seed and cut the blossoms off the weeds before they mature.
Good luck

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor
Got some good weather so I have cut some hay fields down, I hope to start rolling one field tomorrow afternoon, I will be raking and baleing as I am a one man show this week but hopefully the weather will keep cooperating and I won't be pushed for time, hope everyone had a great memorial day. Charlie.
20240528_113053.jpg
20240528_113100.jpg
20240529_170248.jpg
20240529_170252.jpg

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #474  
I'm also trying to encourage grass growth in some weeded fields.
Grasses take mowing much better than weeds for the most part.
The trick is to let the grasses go to seed and cut the blossoms off the weeds before they mature.
Good luck
This is very true. I let my lawn go to seed a few times a year. I keep weeds to almost none, fertilize and mow at 4". The lawn looks like a thick carpet.

Well I got one field raked and baled today but I did something that I have never done before, I managed to clog my baler and wound up spending about an hour un-clogging it , the mystery is I have baled a whole lot thicker windrows a whole lot faster trying to beat rain, I was give out this afternoon , so I will start getting this under the barn in the morning.
20240530_145926.jpg
20240530_160821.jpg
20240530_160828.jpg
20240530_182223.jpg

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #476  
Mr. Lineman, you've got a few more aces up your sleeve than what is listed for your equipment in your profile,.

What do you haul your skid steer with? And what are you using for the forestry mulcher?

Do you ever get asked to haul cleanup debris or rock for any jobs?

Enjoy your thread by the way! I get some of my greatest satisfaction from clearing underbrush and overgrowth.

Mr. Lineman, you've got a few more aces up your sleeve than what is listed for your equipment in your profile,.

What do you haul your skid steer with? And what are you using for the forestry mulcher?

Do you ever get asked to haul cleanup debris or rock for any jobs?

Enjoy your thread by the way! I get some of my greatest satisfaction from clearing underbrush and overgrowth.
I haul my SS with a 2015 Chevrolet 2500 HD and I have a 25+5 Gatormade Gooseneck trailer and a 22' Kaufman tilt deck trailer that I mostly use to load it on, my forestry mower is a MTL XCT-7 with carbide teeth on the bottom of the blade carrier for mulching and grinding the cut material. I have all the material needed for driveways trucked in by semi load or dump truck and on cleanup debris I usually pile and burn tree and brush debris and on most jobs with demo work use rental dumpsters that they come pickup and carry to the landfill. I am glad that you enjoy the thread, I get side tracked a lot of days and forget all about taking pictures, sometimes being a one man show can be hectic and you get focused on the job and answering phone calls about potential jobs, existing customer questions etc and it just slips your mind, but I am going to try to do better, thanks for the questions and the input. Charlie.