Old box blade for garden tractor on my new SCUT?

/ Old box blade for garden tractor on my new SCUT? #1  

hube2

Veteran Member
Tractor
Masey Ferguson GC1725M
I have one of these box scrapers that I bought 7 years ago for my little JD garden tractor. Tractor gone but the box scraper is still kicking around.
box-scraper.jpg
I also have one of these for my SCUT
hitch.jpg
Is it worth the money ($100+) to buy a sleeve hitch adapter to use the box scraper with my tractor?
Anyone see me running into any issues trying to use this thing?

/ Old box blade for garden tractor on my new SCUT? #2  
Nope; sell it, buy a proper one. A subcompact tractor will eat that Brinly. It's a good product, but wrong class of equipment; not to mention it won't cover the track of the machine.

/ Old box blade for garden tractor on my new SCUT? #3  
Got to agree. Anything with real pulling power will fold that thing up on the first thing that gives any real resistance.

If youre willing to try anyway it does look like it might be a 2” square tube already under that sleeve hitch piece so theres a chance you could just remove the sleeve hitch yoke and slide that tube right into your ‘trailer mover’, either making a new crosspin hole (5/8”), enlarging one of the cross holes already there, or just using an undersize pin/bolt to fit an existing hole. I think its an experiment you’ll abandon quickly. You now have the power to use ‘the real thing’ so keep your eyes peeled for the right deal! I pull a 60” with my tiny B6100 and wouldnt personally go down to a 48” so my .02 is look for a 60”.

/ Old box blade for garden tractor on my new SCUT? #4  
I have one of these box scrapers that I bought 7 years ago for my little JD garden tractor. Tractor gone but the box scraper is still kicking around.
View attachment 864523
I also have one of these for my SCUT.
View attachment 864524
Is it worth the money ($100+) to buy a sleeve hitch adapter to use the box scraper with my tractor?
Anyone see me running into any issues trying to use this thing?
If you're up for giving it a shot, it seems there might be a 2-inch square tube already beneath that sleeve hitch piece. You could potentially remove the sleeve hitch yoke and slide the tube into your 'trailer mover,' either by creating a new crosspin hole (5/8"), enlarging one of the existing cross holes, or using a smaller pin/bolt to fit into an existing hole. However, I believe this experiment might not yield the desired results. Now that you have access to 'the real thing,' keep an eye out for the right deal!

/ Old box blade for garden tractor on my new SCUT?
Not really a good idea was really what I was already thinking and wanted to confirm that others thought the same. If I grabbed on something substantial that did not give the tractor would just bend it or pull it apart. I was just thinking maybe I could use something that's just getting in my way. I'd give the thing away just to get rid of it. Tired of tripping over it. :(

/ Old box blade for garden tractor on my new SCUT? #6  
It's worth asking a couple bucks for on CL or Marketplace. They're good for what they are, sure enough.

You'll really get more use out of a proper sized box anyhow. 48 to 60 inches, depending on the overall size.

/ Old box blade for garden tractor on my new SCUT? #7  
I’ve had things that I couldn’t give away to anyone. But put it on CL for $50 and I had multiple people interested.

/ Old box blade for garden tractor on my new SCUT? #8  
I’ve had things that I couldn’t give away to anyone. But put it on CL for $50 and I had multiple people interested.

This is crazy and true; for many there is a weird psychological bit where if something is being given away we feel it's worthless. Yet, the same thing could get a small price tag on it and someone will inevitably purchase or steal it.

/ Old box blade for garden tractor on my new SCUT? #9  
Put this pic of a new one in the photos along with the actual one. You will get at least $100 - 150 out of it. I use that method when selling attachments. I agree with getting a proper box blade for you little GC. You can get them for as cheap as $500 used if you watch for a while. I would never buy a new box blade.

1714231296613.png

/ Old box blade for garden tractor on my new SCUT? #10  
Put this pic of a new one in the photos along with the actual one. You will get at least $100 - 150 out of it. I use that method when selling attachments. I agree with getting a proper box blade for you little GC. You can get them for as cheap as $500 used if you watch for a while. I would never buy a new box blade.

View attachment 864643
I once found a deal on a used box blade at an equipment rental store. They like to sell and refresh their inventory periodically. I replaced the tips on the rippers and the unit was perfectly fine for my use.