Noise cancelling headphones.

/ Noise cancelling headphones. #1  

murphy1244

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota 1120 RTV Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y
Anyone have any experience [good or bad] with noise cancelling headphones?

/ Noise cancelling headphones. #2  
I used a pair for a while years ago but decided a good pair of shooting muffs w/ a 29 decibel rating were better for me.

What's your use?

/ Noise cancelling headphones. #3  
I've had the Bose QC3's for many years, love em! Looks like the current model are the QC25's.

/ Noise cancelling headphones.
I've had the Bose QC3's for many years, love em! Looks like the current model are the QC25's.

I was just going over old threads and seen your response. Any problems with Bose? Will they cancel out hst noise? Loud Ventrac.

/ Noise cancelling headphones. #5  
Murph, as I wrote above (and you've verified since you searched) I've had them for MANY years, the only problem I ever had was the ear cushions deteriorated, so I found replacements on Amazon that where supposed to hold up a but better/longer than the OEM replacements-and they have so far. Now, mind you I usually where the headphones in the summer so they got pretty sweaty and dirty every time I wore them, If I was just using them in an office or on a plane this probably would not have been a problem. HST noise should be no problem for them, and the overall Bose quality is fantastic-albeit expensive.

/ Noise cancelling headphones. #6  
I have a pair I used in an airliner. It was a lower cost brand than bose. They worked fine.

/ Noise cancelling headphones. #7  
I've been really happy with these:

Stanley RST-63011 Sync Stereo Hearing Protector with Mp3 Connection https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IL9MKHI/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_wXyLwbD2V790Y

Paired with this linked to my phone:

Mpow Streambot Mini Bluetooth 4.0 Receiver A2DP Wireless Adapter for Home Audio Music Streaming Sound System & Bluetooth Car Kits with 3.5 mm Stereo Output for Smartphones & Tablets https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MJMV0GU/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_FZyLwb4W18JT1

If SWMBO needs me she can text or call and I actually hear her.

/ Noise cancelling headphones. #8  
As a firearms instructor and competitive shooter I have quite a few sets of noise cancelling headsets...in general, I love them. I wear them pretty much any time I'm running my tractor/mower/backhoe/snow thrower/string trimmer/etc. I like that they give me the ability to hear if something sounds weird, if someone is yelling at me, etc.

I have three sets that I wear the most. For tractor work I normally wear a set of MSA Sordin Supreme Pros. I love the electronics on them, and I added gel ear seals for comfort, but for some reason they start to bother me after 4-5 hours (which is why I stopped wearing them on range days). For shooting I have a couple of other sets. One is a set of Peltor Tactical Pro that I wear the most for shooting and instructing...comfortable all day long. They are the bulkiest, but have the best dB reduction. I added gel ear seals and they're quite comfortable. They don't work well for shooting long guns, so I wear a set of Pelter Tactical Sport that are much lower profile, and still have decent attenuation...need to order a set of gel ear seals for those one of these days since they really do make a difference.

/ Noise cancelling headphones. #10  
I've had a couple of sets in the $50 range, a Coby and a Sony. My advice would be to not go cheap and look at $100+ models. The first set worked well on an airplane but not on trains, equipment, etc. I guess they were tuned for aircraft noise. I bought the Sony set because it was a good price and I assumed a name brand would be good. Wrong - they hardly cancel the noise at all and periodically start buzzing.