NEW WEB PORTAL

/ NEW WEB PORTAL #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
came across this in the paper yesterday, new web portal that is trying to knock off yahoo. checked it out and seems very nice. no banner ads, no pop ups, and their privacy policy is short and sweet. the site loads in 3 or 4 sec. they even have a feature that tell u how long it took the page to load. the guy that runs it had something to do with excite so it seems to have a lot of excites layout. just thought i would pass this on to anyone that is interested. have no connections with them, if u would like to check it out go to<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.myway.com/>http://www.myway.com/</A>. let me know what u guys think.

/ NEW WEB PORTAL #2  
Looks like that might be useful.

<font color=blue>the site loads in 3 or 4 sec. they even have a feature that tell u how long it took the page to load.</font color=blue>

0.39 seconds! Love this broadband./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ NEW WEB PORTAL
BIRD : would love to get broadband, but a little to pricy up this way , at least for me right now.

/ NEW WEB PORTAL #4  
Frank check out Beefer's Bar and Grille,I think they had a broadband playing there the other night.......Mike

PS And no cover charge!

/ NEW WEB PORTAL #5  
frank_f15 - I've been using Yahoo for a lot of stuff, so I'll see how this compares. Thanks for the info.

Bird - What is "broadband"? I heard you had some kind of injury or something, it's good to see you back!

I got on the web at home 2 1/2 months ago. I'm still on the AOL 3 month free trial, which is too expensive so I need to find something else before the trial is up in 2 weeks. Any suggestions? I will only be on for about and hour a day average at home, since I still hook up at work most of the time. The cheapest I've found in this area so far is tls.net, which has a 300 minute limit per month for $15/month. I don't need 300 minutes a month, so is there something cheaper?

/ NEW WEB PORTAL #6  
I like their statement "The Internet was once touted as the information superhighway. Instead of a superhighway, it has become more like an expressway at rush hour: slow moving and filled with obstacles, requiring that you navigate through the unwanted and the unexpected."

So far I pretty much like what I see. I got an email address for me, my wife, and the kids before they all get reserved by someone else (for example I wanted an email address at yahoo called "dyerks" and it was already used). They need to work on their spell checker though, I typed in:

test
tset two

and it said there were no misspelled words! Also, they advertise a free 6MB web mail account, which actually turns out to be 5MB.

I'm getting pretty irritated with the ads at yahoo, so I hope myway is successful. But, they're going up against a giant just like the XFL did and the XFL didn't last long!

/ NEW WEB PORTAL
danny: hope the site works out for all our sakes, i too am fed up with yahoo and excite. about you isp(u are right AOL) is expensive. i use a local isp , $14 a month and no time limit., never get a busy signal and in the time i have been using them i can count on one hand when he had a problem. 300 min.(5 hrs) a month is not much for $15 a month.

/ NEW WEB PORTAL #8  
I agree w/ Frank. 300 min. per month is a rip... I pay $10 a month for unlimited dial up and connect on the first try about 95% of the time.

/ NEW WEB PORTAL #9  
Oops, my fingers totally botched what my mind was thinking when I said "I don't need 300 minutes a month". I will probably want to get on the net about 1 hour a day, so I'll need about 30 hours or 1800 minutes a month. The best deal I've found is $17/mo for unlimited. I don't need unlimited though. $10/mo or even $14/mo for unlimited sure sounds great!

Are you pre-paying a year or more in advance to get the $10/mo and $14/mo rates?

/ NEW WEB PORTAL #10  
I had to pay a sign up fee of $20-30 but have no annual contract. My contract is month to month.