Buying Advice New Backhoe for old tractor

/ New Backhoe for old tractor #1  

kneedeep

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3510 & 8560
I have a 03' 3510 and have a quote from a dealer for a Mahindra 509 Backhoe with sub-frame for $7900 less tax and freight, They will install unit for $200.

Lots of research on BH's and none offer a subframe for the 3510. prices are not to far from what I was quoted although there are cheaper units available. I really want a sub-frame vs 3 PT hookup. Does this sound like a fair price for the BH?

Any recommendations from Mahindra owners with aftermarket BH?

Last edited:
   / New Backhoe for old tractor
REALLY!!

No one on this forum has a comment or recomendation on a purchase of $8K worth of equipment!!! :confused:

Looked at Woods BH70X delivered to a local tractor repair shop for $7600.

The Mahindra is a 509 model

HELP ME DECIDE!!!!! :confused2:

kneedeep

/ New Backhoe for old tractor #3  
Not a Mahindra owner, but the 3-pt I purchase from IowaFarmEquipment was less. Might call them about a subframe.

If I may ask- What unit do you have and would you recomend the 3PT hookup ??

I am curious as to any one having trouble with that vs the subframe.

:newhere:

/ New Backhoe for old tractor #5  
The 509 is one **** of a backhoe and if your dealer is selling it to you for $7900.00 and if it includes the bucket and he had to pay much of any shipping on it, he is lucky to break even. It is a good buy!

The 509 is one **** of a backhoe and if your dealer is selling it to you for $7900.00 and if it includes the bucket and he had to pay much of any shipping on it, he is lucky to break even. It is a good buy!

Thanks for responding,

I am paying tax and shipping on it. It comes with subframe and bucket and hose kit. Dealer will hook up for $200.

since you are a dealer, 2 questions-

1 Is the 509 a good fit for the 3510?

2 Does Mahindra offer financing on equipment only?

The dealer is 100 miles from me and I have only talked with e-mails to date.
I am almost ready to pull the trigger:D

:thumbsup:

/ New Backhoe for old tractor #7  
I bought the 3-pt so I could use is on my dad's JD or my LS. Intent is to make a subframe for the LS, but it is easier just to leave it on the JD. My dad does not use it much anymore. Lots of horror stories on 3-pt breaking tractors in half. I do not intend to do any hard or abusive work with it.

/ New Backhoe for old tractor #8  
I'm with Galen. That's a good buy and a great fit. Mahindra will finance equipment over $2500. You better pull the trigger soon the power may go bad.

Dave

/ New Backhoe for old tractor #9  
Thanks for responding,

I am paying tax and shipping on it. It comes with subframe and bucket and hose kit. Dealer will hook up for $200.

since you are a dealer, 2 questions-

1 Is the 509 a good fit for the 3510?

2 Does Mahindra offer financing on equipment only?

The dealer is 100 miles from me and I have only talked with e-mails to date.
I am almost ready to pull the trigger:D

:thumbsup:
I have a friend with a 509 on back of his 4110. He tells me the hydraulic pump gpm is not enough to run a 509 at 100 percent of the 509's capability. If you do get it..........go with a PTO hyd. pump. So with that said......I have no idea if your 3510 and a 509 would be a good fit or match.
Mahindra dealers do offer Agricredit financing, but not sure if they will on used equipment.
FYI.......I have a 511 on my 6520 and it's hyd. pump is almost too small at 11.2 gpm. I have to run at full rpm to get good results. Also, stay away from 3PH mounts for a backhoe, unless you want to see the 3PH mounting lugs break off of your tractor.
hugs, Brandi