NEED TO VENT

/ NEED TO VENT #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
NOT really important but i need someplace to vent my frustration. i have a sears cordless drill, came with a work light(frashlight) but the bulb burned out, no problem , they put a spare in there. but i figured i neede another spare(thats where the trouble statered) called 2 sears stores , they don't carry the bulbs, have to get it from part center, ok went online to order, found it @$5.50 no problem! but $4.49 S&H NOW WE HAVE A PROBLEM, AM NOT ABOUT TO SPEND $4.50 TO MAIL AN ITEM THAT WILL GO IN A REG. ENVELOPE AND MAIL FOR $.37 CALLED RADIO SHACK! and they don't handelbulbs that will fit in sears OR dewalt, got me to thinking, so i called home depot(they carry dewalt) and yep they had a bulb to fit. i know this ain't no big thing, but i just feel that sears should be able to stock a flashlight bulb. thanks guys i just needed a place to vent my frustration. AM I WRONG? AND JUST BEING PICKY? also i e mailed them about my displeassure and also called and complained to customer relations. GUESS I MUST BE HAVING A BAD DAY/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ NEED TO VENT #2  
No, you're having the same "luck" (bad service) as everyone else. I recently had to get a replacement spring for a handle on a chain saw from Sears. If I ordered it online, it was about a buck and a half for the spring, + about 5 bucks for shipping. So I went to the service center and they said they could get it. I asked when I could pick it up. They said they'de ship it to my house.... for 5 bucks. I told them I didn't want it shipped to my house, that I wanted to pick it up there. They said sorry, since they were going to have to have it shipped to them, I'd still have to pay the 5 bucks. Moral of the story... don't shop at Sears any more.

/ NEED TO VENT
DAVID: i find it funny that sears has a lot of nice products, but their customer support stinks., i guess enough people dont take the time to ***** and complain.i sprnt a lot of time and effort today on something that was not really a big deal.<font color=red>EXECPT IT WAS TO ME.</font color=red> thanks for the input

/ NEED TO VENT #4  
It really is a shame, because they have some great products. Have a good weekend.

/ NEED TO VENT #5  
I'm pi$$ed at Sears too. I hate shopping, but after reading a sale paper last night about all the various Craftsman tools on sale Friday and Saturday for 50% off, I made plans to go to Sears today to pick up some Christmas gifts.

When my wife and I showed up in the tool department, I noticed the typical high prices Sears has, and NO sale signs. I tracked down a salesman and he said the sale was only from 6:00 to 11:00. It was 12:00. He showed me the sale paper and sure enough, it was there, but not very obvious to me. Furthermore, the Saturday part of the sale was only 10% off - not 50%, so I missed it completely.

Turns out I found the cordless drill I wanted at Sam's for the same "50% off" price as the overpriced Sears. The only difference is that it was Black and Decker instead of Craftsman. My experience is that Craftsman hand tools are great, but power tools are average at best.

My 80 year old mother found an upright freezer she wanted at the Sears in the town of 30,000 about 20 miles away. She wanted it by Thanksgiving (about a week ago), but the Sears in that town won't deliver anymore to our town 20 miles away - it has to come out of Dallas 50 miles away, shipped directly to her house from 50 miles away instead of 20, and the freezer was in stock at the closer one. Really stupid, plus, she won't get it until Dec 6th.

/ NEED TO VENT #6  
Frank

There was a time when almost everything I bought was
Sears. I had (have) quite a collection of craftsman mechanics tools. While hand tightening a bolt I snapped a craftsman socket. As per their policy I brought the socket back for replacement and was subjected to an insulting experience. After another equally insulting experience I forswore ever setting foot in Sears again. Except for passing through to another part of the mall, I have not been in Sears in 20 years. I will never make a purchase in Sears.

RonL

/ NEED TO VENT #7  
Sears to has drop down a couple of notches on my list...and I ain't to fond of the Sears in West Lebanon,NH either.

Far as S&H..the prices they charge are a rip off,even the ads on tv..if you can read the find print quick enough. /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif

Have you notice another little thing from Sears Frank..the cost of puting items together..riding mowers,snowblowers,gas grills etc..the charges can range from $25.oo much as $75.oo depending what you purchase..heck it seem not to long ago you pay and the item was ready to go w/no extra charge.

Auto dealer in our area,for we are strongly thinking of a new 2003 full size 4x4 Chevy p/u..$545.oo for desternation & dealer prep /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Desternation charge..for them to go and find the p/u..I would have thought since the ink was dry on the line and the cash in there hand,the dealer won't even think about adding that extra on.

Dealer prep..what this /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif
To put the floor mates in and hub caps on and wash the the p/u../w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif They check the p/u from bumper to bumper..now would you think GM would have done this before the p/u left the plant??

I feel its just another way to milk the customer. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Oh yeah..how many of us pay desternation & dealer prep on our tractors..not I.

I agree w/you Frank 100%..and this S&H plus other hidden cost,ain't going to get better.

Like they say..read the fine print,if you don't it can cost you dollars.

Well time for another cup. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ NEED TO VENT #8  
Frank, with Sears, you pay your money and take your chances; sometimes very good; sometimes very bad./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif It would be almost comical, if it wasn't so frustrating. When I was repairing air tools, I got a Craftsman impact wrench from a customer and it needed new vanes (some manufacturers call them rotor blades) which come in sets of 6 (clearly listed in the parts manual as a "set of 6"). Called to order them and ONE vane eventually arrived, called to tell them about it, they sent ONE more (and charged again for a set of 6 plus S&H), called again and they agreed the price was supposed to be for a set of 6, issued a credit for the second shipment and again sent ONE more vane. I eventually got the "set of 6"; ONE at a time./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif My customer had a long wait to get his impact wrench back, I spent a lot of time on the telephone, and of course, I lost money on that job, too./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif On the other hand, I've ordered quite a number of items and/or parts from Sears online that came promptly and correctly./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ NEED TO VENT #9  
I have a little older Makita 9v flashlight. It's about impossible to find bulbs for . Home Depot doesn't have them, nor do the local hardware stores that carry Makita power tools. They have them for the newer 9v flashlight. The bulb appears to have a different flange on the housing.

I have to have them special ordered. It's a pain. I really like the light too; it is pretty handy. I really really like the DeWalt flashlight that came with the big cordless kit(18v), but it is bigger and bulkier.

It does seem it should be easier to find bulbs...

/ NEED TO VENT #10  
Here is a story told by an appliance technician that recently repaired our Maytag electric stove that we had bought at Sears 4 years ago. He said he was called one time to install a new refrigerator that someone had bought at Sears. His installation charges are less than Sears even if you don't buy the appliance from his store. As he was in the process of setting it up he found a sales receipt inside that showed this refrigerator had been sold to someone else and returned. When he showed it to the refrigerators new owner they were very upset, as I would be. They had paid new for a used appliance. He told me that another time he was repairing a refrigerator someone had bought at Sears and he discovered that the compresser was not the one that comes on that model from the factory. He said he has known Sears to rob parts off one new appliance to fix another and kind of mess things up. About the only thing I buy at Sears anymore is their Craftsman hand tools. Even though one time they didn't want to replace a small pair of side cutters that my wife had bought and broke at her work place. They said she shouldn't be using them at work. Come on now! They advertise Craftsman tools as mechanics professional tools, right. A girl breaks them and right away it's a no, no. They did replace them but needless to say my wife was in a bad mood the rest of that day. Buy the way, that store was one of the stores Sears closed down.