Need some help with the weeds

/ Need some help with the weeds #11  
I used pine bark on the asparagus a number of years ago. It worked pretty good but is now depleted. Maybe I'll try wood chips this year.
The house is shaded in 65 ft tall Eucalyptus and Pepper trees. Every few yrs we have a tree surgeon come and prune and thin these to mitigate the danger of falling branches etc. They are happy to dump the chipper truck before they leave (y)
Be aware that some trees inhibit the growth of anything beneath them which may ill effect your garden. And the rodents may find the chips to be good cover or nesting.

/ Need some help with the weeds
The house is shaded in 65 ft tall Eucalyptus and Pepper trees. Every few yrs we have a tree surgeon come and prune and thin these to mitigate the danger of falling branches etc. They are happy to dump the chipper truck before they leave (y)
Be aware that some trees inhibit the growth of anything beneath them which may ill effect your garden. And the rodents may find the chips to be good cover or nesting.
In New England, the only thing I'm aware of that would inhibit plant growth is black walnut husks. So probably not a problem. I did find a local source for bith reasonably priced chip and mulch hay on craigslist.

Rodents will always be a problem and is why I'd prefer a good cultivator. My dogs will quickly take care of any rodents. They're generally pretty careful of the plants. I had them on regular patrol work last year and didn't have any problems. Lost one small squash overnight to something. But the previous year I had a rat nesting under the weed barrier I had around the squash that was eating all my tomatoes. Finally put the dog in. That rat was dead in the blink of an eye but it looked like a small tornado went through. A lot of collateral damage.

/ Need some help with the weeds #13  
Redwood chips do a good job and preferred but any species will help.

We get a few truckloads for the tree farm to supplement plus mud no longer an issue...

Attachments

• IMG_20231124_110729750.jpg
    IMG_20231124_110729750.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 36