NEED MORE LIGHTS

/ NEED MORE LIGHTS #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
THE LIGHTS ON MY 2400 WORK FINE, EXCEPT WHEN THE FELL IS IN THE WAY, think i need to add sone to the rop, so i can see when i am plowing snow in the dark, any suggestions, i think i saw a photo of birds tractor with them. how difficult to install?

/ NEED MORE LIGHTS #2  
See this thread, and look at TerryinMD's posted picture of his setup.. very nice!!

I've never tried to post a link to a thread before, so hope this works /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=jdown&Number=96177&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1/>This link</A>

/ NEED MORE LIGHTS #3  
Here's how I added lights to my TC25D.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=custom&Number=82026&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post82026>Mo' Lights</A>

/ NEED MORE LIGHTS #4  
I attached a pair of lights to my ROPS just like several other folks have done, and they work great, except for one thing. As long as I'm facing frontwards and plowing ahead, they really help, but whenever I need to look over my shoulder to back up or to plow with my rear grader blade, I'm partially blinded by them. Fortunately, I don't need to plow in the dark very often, so it isn't a big enough problem for me to go thru the bother of relocating them. A suggestion for you would be to mount them below your head if possible with an 'eyebrow' on them to keep from being blinded. This assumes you mount them to your ROPS. If you can find a place to mount them ahead of your body somewhere on your tractor, that would be best. Some folks have mounted aux lights on their loader arms with good success.

Corm

/ NEED MORE LIGHTS #5  
Yes, that is true.

Mine are at shoulder height and are a little bothersome. I'm going to look into making some shields to direct the light away from my eyes and concentrate it a little more to the front.

Terry

/ NEED MORE LIGHTS #6  
I had the same desire on my B7500 - after snowblowing one time this year so far, I decided that I needed a little more light on the front (I put up road markers this year; didn't have them last year - I ran over one this year because I couldn't see it with the blowing snow).

I don't have the know how to do any electrical work with confidence.

What I did - bought one of those rechargeable hand held 1,000,000 candlepower heavy duty flashlights at Home Depot for $15.99.

I strapped it to my front FEL frame with three 12" rubber straps (and have it resting on the FEL frame on a large sponge to keep it from slipping and as a semi-shock absorber). Is solid as a rock and gives me more than enough light.

I only need the light when snowblowing, so I can just unsnap it during the summer.

/ NEED MORE LIGHTS
that is exactly what i was thing about, a set up like yours. very nice looking machine.