Need a waterproof clock for dash on open station

/ Need a waterproof clock for dash on open station #1  

JCoastie

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS MT240HE
I'm looking for a clock for the dash on my open station tractor.
I checked out amazon, and other than the little quarter size stick on clocks I'm not finding much. I'd go with those if they were a little bigger so I could read them.
Ideally it strikes a balance of thin enough not to look ridiculous but large enough to see at a glance.
Anyone have a good solution they've actually used?

/ Need a waterproof clock for dash on open station #4  
I have an old Casio wrist watch that i took the bands off and just tywrapped it to the side fender handle.

/ Need a waterproof clock for dash on open station #5  
I have a wrist watch with a velcro strap wrapped around the handhold of the Kubota. Had it the same place on the JDs.

/ Need a waterproof clock for dash on open station
I might have a wrist watch from a couple decades ago in a drawer somewhere, might give that a try.

/ Need a waterproof clock for dash on open station #7  
Try “marine clock” 52mm. That should get you marine rated 2-1/16-inch clocks, on just about any of the online vendor sites, or search engines.

if I was looking for anything to mount on my open cab, I’d put marine in the search, or IP66. Marine results in IPX5 or better water-resistance.

IP is Intrusion Prevention, the first number is resistance to solids, and the second number is water resistance. #5 survives a 1/4-inch jet of water from any direction with out damage. #6 a half inch jet of water.

An IP66 rating means is dustproof, and survives the 1/2 inch terms of water from any direction.

This page gives a good breakdown of what the different ratings mean: https://www.dsmt.com/resources/ip-rating-chart/.

/ Need a waterproof clock for dash on open station #9  
I just check my wrist watch. However - if I wanted one - Jigs_n_fixtures makes an excellent recommendation. Go with a "marine clock".

/ Need a waterproof clock for dash on open station #10  
Ive used autometer gauges drill hole sits in flush and nice OR use one of their gauge pods. Summit racing or jegs has a nice assortment