My new Yanmar YT359C

/ My new Yanmar YT359C #11  
I love the new style Yanmars. I have kicked the tires on the YT359 several times. Lots of nice features, great ground clearance, lots of power with a big Cu. In. naturally aspirated engine. But two things put it out of contention for me. Price. The local dealer must really love that machine I guess. And, the GPM on the main hydraulic system being rated at 9.4GPM. Too low for what I need. I have plans to use a hydraulic auger on the backhoe stinger, so I need at least 11 GPMs, preferably 12. I guess that new transmission takes up a lot of hydraulic power. B.

/ My new Yanmar YT359C #12  
Nice;what is the HP and transmission?

The YT359 has 58.9 HP Engine, 49 to 52 HP PTO. The engine is a 4 cyl. 202 Cu In NA common rail. The transmission is called an i-HMT which I think means hydrostatic mechanincal transmission. It provides power over a wider RPM range. It is also a cartridge unit so if it needs servicing it plugs into the rear of the tractor through a port. You do not have to break the tractor apart to remove the transmission as it was explained to me. B.

YT359 Open Platform Tractor with ROPS | Yanmar Tractor

/ My new Yanmar YT359C #13  
Don't forget the i which stands for "integrated"! Best of both worlds. Mechanical and hydro-static. Even better is the ability to program the transmission from the operators seat. A transmission with a brain. I found it just fantastic last year for our haylage harvest. Easy to attach to implements, fuel efficient and the cab makes it so much easier to keep out of the dust and pollen! You will grow to love it more and more.

/ My new Yanmar YT359C #15  
Congrats on the YT359C! I really think the Yanmar YT series are the finest tractors on the market now. Gorgeous design, innovative technology, super nice cab, lots of standard features. Congrats again and be sure to post more pictures. We want to see that YT in action!

/ My new Yanmar YT359C #16  
Blue14, yours is the first i've seen with r1/ag tires. Can you or Yanmar tell me what the width is with those? thanks

/ My new Yanmar YT359C #17  
Blue14, yours is the first i've seen with r1/ag tires. Can you or Yanmar tell me what the width is with those? thanks

Sagefruit,

Using a finished YT3 Series tractor on the Yanmar America factory floor in Adairsville, Georgia, USA, with R1 tires (agricultural tread) as an example:

Rear tires:
14.9 24 R1 (Metric 380/85-24) So 14.9 = width in inches sidewall to sidewall of a mounted and properly inflated tire.

Front tires:
8 16 R1 --- 8 = width in inches sidewall to sidewall.

Please note that exact tire specifications may vary from tractor to tractor and over time because of changes in tire inventory and specifications obtained from various tire suppliers.

/ My new Yanmar YT359C #18  
I'm sorry Yanmar, I meant width of the entire tractor with R1's. Also if I wanted to go even narrower can we get 12.4x24's? Thanks

/ My new Yanmar YT359C #19  
I'm sorry Yanmar, I meant width of the entire tractor with R1's. Also if I wanted to go even narrower can we get 12.4x24's? Thanks

sagefruit,

The YT3 tractor with R1 tires that is in Adairsville is approximately 65 inches wide at the rear wheels.

You may want to speak to a Yanmar Tractor dealer about tire specifications that may require a special order and/or installation by the dealer.

/ My new Yanmar YT359C #20  
Yanmar, thanks for the info.