MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #41  
On a John Deere I have, the bottom portion of the switch was accessible from the under side of the seat. I compressed the switch and drilled a hole, thru the housing, flush with the seat bottom. Then put a cotter pin thru the hole to keep the switch compressed. You may need to remove the switch to drill it. If you ever want to reactivate the switch, just pull the cotter pin out.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #42  
I mean, how many of you guys with older tractors are retrofitting them with seat safety switches????

I don't see my newer Kubota M7060 as inherently more dangerous than my old John Deere.
A really good post. If new safety switches are so great why don't they offer kits for all older tractors that don't have them?

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #43  
When we little guys need our little tractors to run a PTO unseated, we rotate our little seats forward against the steering wheel.
New Holland Workmaster 50 - seat does not tilt.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #44  
Kubota knows that everyone shorts the two wires to disable “operator presence” , and they also know that it is nearly impossible to engage quick-connect implements without standing up. The switch is there for one reason, and one reason only. When you short the wires, you transfer all liability for a very large variety of possible mishaps from Kubota, Inc. to YOURSELF.

This is not a bad thing. Operating large equipment safely requires attention, engagement, and a degree of intelligence on the part of the operator. It is entirely appropriate for responsibility for safe operation to lie with the operator and not the manufacturer.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #45  
Note in reference to several of the preceding posts. On my Kubota B2650 the seat safety switch is a bit more sensitive than I would like, but the engine does not cut off when I climb off the tractor. It only cuts off if I have the HST peddle down or the PTO is engaged - pretty sophisticated wiring.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #46  
Same problem in 2021 MX6000 - couldn't lift a cheek to fart while underway. Sometimes just looking over to one side or bouncing on a bump was all it took to cut the engine; not so good while on steep slopes. If you unplug the switch harness and jumper the two contacts together be sure it is insulated so there is no grounding out on the metal sub-seat. That will cause a fuse to blow and make you think there are other problems.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #48  
I bought a new Kioti 25 HP. The dealer said to use a paperclip in the plug to bypass the seat switch.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #50  
The one on my hydrostatic foot pedal is really annoying also, get up off the seat and it shuts down if the foot pedal thinks it might be engaged. Dangerous if you ask me shutting down a tractor that’s doing something. I’m going to get around to jumping it out, it is simply a normally open switch