MT225S with LB1300 backhoe questions

/ MT225S with LB1300 backhoe questions #1  

lsgreg

Tractor
LS MT225S
First post, and a new owner of an LS MT225S. I am trying to figure a few things out, and cannot find what I need in the manuals.

Three questions:

First, what is this thing on the stabilizer leg for (item #8)? I cannot find a use for it.

1714273288828.png

Second, the seat is difficult to lift for rotating, but I see a lift strut underneath it. It seems like it should just about lift itself. Am I possibly doing something wrong, or is something wrong with the seat (maybe a weak strut?), or are they all hard to lift?

Last, the two placards below are both installed on my backhoe, and are both "required" per the backhoe manual. They differ on whether the rear wheels should be lifted off the ground or not. Which is correct in that detail?

placard 1.jpg
Placard 2.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help.

Greg

/ MT225S with LB1300 backhoe questions #2  
Do not lift the wheels off the ground. Use the stabilizers to support some of the weight but do NOT lift the wheels off the ground. The second decal is not correct. It should say to prevent damage to tractor DO NOT lift wheels off the ground. Page 14, first paragraph in the manual says do not lift wheels off the ground. There were some changes made because of a few broken transmission housings apparently caused by a backhoe on the first MT225S tractors on the market. The backhoe was redesigned and owners were instructed not to lift the wheels off the ground to prevent this problem. The seat does not lift by itself. You have to pull the release lever and lift the seat manually, and yes it will take some effort because it's heavy. I think the strut is just a damper for the seat suspension. The picture is not very good so it's hard to tell what it is, but it looks like the latch to lock the stabilizer in the raised position. Make sure they are unlocked before trying to lower the stabilizers. Sounds like your dealer did not do a good job of showing you the features and giving some instruction on how to operate when you bought it. My dealer spends a half hour with each customer when the machine is delivered to show them how to operate everything and how to maintain the machine and answer questions.

Last edited:
   / MT225S with LB1300 backhoe questions
Sounds like your dealer did not do a good job of showing you the features and giving some instruction on how to operate when you bought it.
I wasn't there and my wife took delivery. She said he talked about some of that, but, well enough said.

Thanks for the reply.