MT 160 Steering Assembly

/ MT 160 Steering Assembly #1  

tomkatohio

Tractor
Yanmar 1401D, Mitsubishi MT160, IH Cub LoBoy
The steering on my MT 160 is getting a bit sloppy. I've read some threads about rebuilding the assembly and am not sure if this may be beyond my capabilities. I've tried to locate some complete assemblies but haven't had much luck. Some threads have mentioned that the same assemblies were used on a variety of Mitsubishi tractors but I have not found a reference to part numbers of compatability. I have seen an assembly listed for the MT180 but have no idea if it is the same as the MT160. A couple of listings have used Part Numbers for the MT180 assembly as 99327C1 and 1273235C92. Has anybody gone through a similar search with their MT160 and have any parts numbers or suppliers for these replacements? Thank you!

Last edited:
   / MT 160 Steering Assembly #2  
The steering on my MT 160 is getting a bit sloppy. I've read some threads about rebuilding the assembly and am not sure if this may be beyond my capabilities. I've tried to locate some complete assemblies but haven't had much luck. Some threads have mentioned that the same assemblies were used on a variety of Mitsubishi tractors but I have not found a reference to part numbers of compatability. I have seen an assembly listed for the MT180 but have no idea if it is the same as the MT160. A couple of listings have used Part Numbers for the MT180 assembly as 99327C1 and 1273235C92. Has anybody gone through a similar search with their MT160 and have any parts numbers or suppliers for these replacements? Thank you!
At the top of this section, pinned is the TRACTOR INFORMATION. It's a good reference for finding machines with the same engine. What are the chances of the same engine in one machine to have the same steering setup as another.

I have these manuals posted for free on the other tractor forum site.
MITSUBISHI MT160 MT180 REPAIR MANUAL (FULL).pdf
and
MITSUBISHI MT160 MT180 INSTRUCTION BOOK.pdf
and
about 30 more.

/ MT 160 Steering Assembly
At the top of this section, pinned is the TRACTOR INFORMATION. It's a good reference for finding machines with the same engine. What are the chances of the same engine in one machine to have the same steering setup as another.

I have these manuals posted for free on the other tractor forum site.
MITSUBISHI MT160 MT180 REPAIR MANUAL (FULL).pdf
and
MITSUBISHI MT160 MT180 INSTRUCTION BOOK.pdf
and
about 30 more.
Thanks Bret - My gosh, you pop up everywhere and you're always a wealth of information!

/ MT 160 Steering Assembly
i heard back from Southern Global Tractor, and it does look like the MT160 uses the same steering assembly as the MT180 and more. For future reference, following is the link from Southern Global which shows compatibility with various Case, IH and Satoh models. Now I just need to decide how long I can live with the steering slop.

Steering Box Assembly, SBA-MT1021